Chapter 38

Sia's POV:

" Sia please, this is unnecessary. " Justin pleaded one more time trying to grab my arm as I made my way over to the main entrance with the only two constants of my life..my two big suitcases.

I stopped making him leave my hand and turned around to look at him.

"Justin, for the hundredth time, I cannot stay here. I have overstayed my welcome and exploited all the care I got from you all, and I know you know that too. Heck, I don't even deserve to stay here for a second more. And if you care for me at least a tiny bit, please don't touch me or try to stop me. Okay?" His eyes were filled with guilt, and I could see him trying to come up with something, but I ignored it.

I gazed back at Aaron and Fay, who were standing near the staircase, watching me leave. Aaron had a sad look on her face, but she hadn't spoken a word to me since she came back with Fay. And who am I kidding? I must not expect anything from her after what I've done. On the other hand, Fay had a bored look on her face, as if she was tired of waiting and wanted me to leave already, which I know is true. So, I took a deep breath, summoning the courage to speak to them one last time.

"Thank you. Both of you. For everything, you guys have done for me all this time. Fay, I am again apologizing for everything I hope you will forgive me someday"  I heard Fay scoff which definitely hurt but I continued now focusing my attention on Aaron.

" Aaron..." I spoke, and I saw her expression soften as she passed me a weak smile. " I am so so so grateful for every second I got to stay with you. Thank you. Really. If it wasn't for you, I might - " I hesitated a bit but continued. " I might have not made it alive from the situation I was in. You pulled me out of the darkest time of my life-"  

" And that's how you repay her. Huh? By seducing her rich lawyer son. So that you could exploit every last bit of affection she had for you. Right? "

Ouch! 

That hurt like a bitch

" Fay! " Both Aaron and Justin yelled stopping her as she gave me a disgusted look before running upstairs.

" Sia I - " Justin turned to me 

"It's fine, I deserve it " I whispered. A thick tear drop threatened to fall from my eye any second.

God Sia, you're pathetic. LEAVE ALREADY.

My conscience taunted me. I turned around, dragging my suitcases with me. For a second, this felt like déjà vu. All of this had happened before. But this time, it was my fault and no one else's. I shook my head and, without looking back, I exited through the gate.

I guess, this is the end.

The end for Justin and me...for us.

                                                                                       *****

Justin's POV :

I watched her descend the stairs from the main door. My heart wreaked some more with each step she took away from the house. From me.

It is solely my responsibility for all of this. If it were not for me and my complex emotions, none of these events would have transpired. I have disrupted the lives of two young women, all within a mere day. I must admit, I am a terrible human being. My intentions were to safeguard and care for them, yet I ended up causing harm to both. Initially, I broke up with a girl whom I professed to love for the past two years, and then I inadvertently caused another girl to lose her place of shelter. I must accept that all of this is my fault. However, despite my efforts to divert my attention, my heart could not help but be completely fixated on Sia. As she was departing, I became deeply concerned for her well-being, and no matter how hard I tried to dismiss it, it was evident that, at that moment, my heart desired Sia. I attempted to contemplate Emily and the extent to which I had ruined her life, but I found myself unable to divert my thoughts away from Sia, even for a mere second.

I might just never see her again. Will she move on ? Forget everything, I know that it was a very little time but I hope she remembers me and everything we had. 

I wanted to go after her, to stop her. I know that if I try a little harder and use the right words, I will be able to convince Mom to let her stay. After all, I am a lawyer. Using the right words is my best skill. It has given me everything I have, and it might just help me get Sia back as well. However, I was aware that bringing her back would undoubtedly strain my relationship with Fay. She is my sister, my younger sister. I cannot jeopardize our bond. I understand Fay And she is my sister. My baby sister. I cannot risk our relationship. I know Fay; she might let it go later, but not now. So, I'll have to let it go for now. Let Sia go for now.

I might just never see her again.

This might be the end for Sia and me...for us.

*******************************************

I am aware that this chapter is short but the next one will have a flashforward so I wanted to start it witha new chapter.

Hope you liked this chapter. I will update the next one within 24 hours. I promise!

Please like , comment and vote!

Thank you so much for staying with my book.

Ilysm 

Bye!