one

"i thought our new roommate was going to be a guy?" one asked, looking at you, who was sitting opposite him.

you were now in the rather large living room, sitting on the couch next to the owner of the house, seokjin, who happened to walk into the room just after you had told the guys you were moving in.

"i assumed it was going to be a guy," seokjin shrugged. "i mean, it's rare for a woman to willingly move into a house with seven males and be okay with it. sorry about that."

"although you have a point... you can't just assume things like that," another one of the guys sighed. "it's the 21st century, for christ's sake."

"i already apologised," seokjin sighed, rolling his eyes. "now... i know you all would've preferred it if our new roommate was a guy, but i can't change anything. y/n's going to be our new roommate, and that's final."

the room was quiet, and none of the guys said a thing until taehyung decided to speak.

"you already know my name but let me tell you a bit about myself since you'll be staying with us," he smiled. "i'm turning 27 years old. and i'm a veterinarian working at an animal hospital nearby. so if you have a pet that needs a check-up, bring it to my workplace!"

"i'm jeon jungkook," a man with long black hair and his right arm covered in ink said. "i'm 25, and i'm a software engineer."

"my name's min yoongi, and i'm a producer. but when i'm not working on music, i work in a bar as a bartender. or sometimes i play the piano," he told you. "depends on the day. oh, and i'm 29."

the guys looked at each other to see who would go next.

"i guess i'll go," a guy with glasses sighed. "my name is kim namjoon. i'm 28 years old. i'm an english professor at yonsei university."

your eyes widened. namjoon was a lecturer at yonsei university... the same university you were studying at.

"you seem surprised," seokjin said. "do you study at yonsei or something?"

you nodded. "yeah... but i'm not majoring or minoring in anything related to english."

"what are you majoring in?" namjoon asked.

"criminal justice. i'm in my last year," you told him.

"that's so cool!" taehyung gasped. "what're you planning on doing once you're done with school?"

"prosecution. or becoming an attorney," you said. "one of the two, but hopefully, i can become a prosecutor."

"you'll be with jimin then," seokjin said. "jimin's a legal advisor for an entertainment company."

"might as well introduce myself," the guy sitting next to namjoon sighed. "my name is park jimin. i'm the same age as taehyung, but i was born a bit earlier. and i'm a lawyer working as the legal advisor for starship entertainment. it's an entertainment company for actors and actresses."

"oh... the company the gong taesung is under?" you asked, causing him to chuckle.

"yeah. are you a fan or something?" jimin asked, and you shook your head.

"nope. i know who he is because his face is all over, and he's really popular," you said. "and i may or may not have a friend who's a huge fan of him."

jimin only nodded.

"let me go ahead and introduce myself, i guess," the male sitting opposite you said. "my name is jung hoseok, and i'm 28. i'm an accountant. production accountant, to be exact. but when i'm not working with money, i dance. i'm a part-time dance instructor."