thirty four

seokjin could read jimin like an open book.

although the guys knew each other well, some knew the other better than others, and that was the case for kim seokjin and park jimin.

being with him longer than anyone else, seokjin knew jimin well and could notice little things and feelings he tried so hard to keep hidden. like how his smile faltered when he spotted you with that guy yesterday or how he looked at you the same way he looked at jungkook when he started catching feelings.

"you like baek y/n," seokjin said, looking at his boyfriend, who bit his bottom lip. "you may be good at hiding your true feelings from others, but not from me."

the two of them were in jimin's room, and seokjin decided to spend the night with him, something he hadn't done in weeks.

"i do," jimin said softly, removing his earrings and putting them into his jewellery box. "but it's just a little crush that will fade over time."

"your little crushes only fade over time when you know you'll never see the person again," seokjin chuckled. "y/n lives with us, and you'll continue to grow closer to her. and you know she's becoming more than a roommate."

"are you worried it'll affect the way i feel about you? the way i feel about the others?" jimin asked, looking at his boyfriend through the mirror.

"no," he told him. "i know each of us has a place in your heart no one can replace. i've been with you from the beginning, and even when jungkook came into the picture, i never worried that your feelings for him would affect how you feel about me."

[the only reason seokjin told jimin he was catching feelings for jungkook (chapter thirteen) was because he already knew of jimin's feelings.]

"then?" jimin asked, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"that's what i should be asking you," seokjin chuckled, lying on his stomach. "are you going to continue liking her in secret? does anyone else know about your little crush on her? are you going to act on it?"

"me? act on it? i like y/n, but i don't think it'll last long enough to say i'd act on it," he said, getting up from his vanity and moving to his wardrobe. "it hasn't been long since i realised i liked her, and i don't want to ruin our friendship."

"makes sense," seokjin nodded.

"what do you think of y/n?" jimin asked, taking off his shirt and chucking it into the washing basket. "i know we've kind of had this conversation before, but do you still want her to see you as a potential friend?"

"you already know that things were awkward at first, and it's because i'm her landlord." seokjin sighed, looking in the distance as he thought. "the best thing i had in mind was to terminate that relationship, but i made the mistake of telling her she didn't have to pay rent anymore..."

"again, i understand why you made that decision, but you should've waited until your relationship with her was better. until it was more casual," jimin chuckled.

"i wanted to become friends with her, but i ended up making our relationship even more awkward," he whined, burying his head into the bed. "y/n still talks to me. in fact, since the day she modelled for ksj beauty, she's become comfortable enough to hold full conversations with me, but she still cuts them short."

"getting y/n to feel comfortable takes time," jimin sighed, sitting on the bed. "but you know you'll get there eventually. so will the rest."

if there was someone you still haven't gotten comfortable with, it was hoseok. he was the friendliest, but you couldn't explain why you weren't close to him. you've had a few conversations, and he's allowed you to call him hobi, but you haven't.

you were sitting in the kitchen on a barstool, sipping on a grape juice book as you watched your roommate smoothly move around the kitchen, following along to the song playing through his ears.

"i'm making ramen. buldak quatro cheese, to be specific." hoseok said suddenly, taking out an earphone. "want some?"

"uh," you said, looking up from your phone. "sure..."

hoseok nodded before opening his cupboard and pulling out two packets of ramen noodles. "can i tell you a little skill that i have?" he asked, turning on the kettle.

although you were caught off guard, you nodded, turning off your phone to give him your full attention.

"i can play the recorder with my nose."

it took you two seconds to process the information, and you burst into laughter after some silence. hoseok couldn't help but laugh as he watched you try to calm yourself down.

"i do not know what i was expecting, but it definitely wasn't that," you said once your laughter died. "you can play the recorder with your nose? how did you even discover you had this skill?"

he shrugged as he poured the boiling water into a large pot. "i was with yoongi when i found out. we were chilling in his room, and he bought a recorder for some reason. since i knew how to play, i decided to show him my skills."

"so how did you...?"

"since you need to blow into the instrument, i had the random idea of what would happen if i blew with my nose and not my mouth," he chuckled. "well, now i know the sound and effect are basically the same."

"that's so random," you said, giggling at the thought of hoseok with a recorder in his nose. "why'd you decide to tell me this?"

"to break the ice a little," he said, putting the noodles in the pot. "i know you still feel awkward around me, but you don't have to. i'm not going to bite or judge you."

you pressed your lips into a thin line. was it that obvious? and did he just say he wasn't going to judge me?

"yes, y/n, you're terrible at hiding when you feel awkward," he smiled, and your face felt hot because of the sudden embarrassment. "but i understand how you feel."

"well, that makes me feel much better," you smiled. "but are you sure you're not going to judge? i've seen some of the looks you give jimin and jungkook when they're doing certain things."

hoseok fell silent, causing you to laugh. "i will try not to judge..." he said. "or at least i won't judge on purpose."

"wow, thank you so much, hobi," you said sarcastically with a straight face.

hoseok completely went over your sarcastic remark. "you called me hobi! i've been promoted!" you laughed as he happily danced to the fridge, taking some cheese he grated yesterday to add to the ramen.

you ended up helping him make the ramen by adding vegetables and meat as he continued to tell you more weird and funny stories.

you knew that after today, you wouldn't feel awkward around hoseok. 

—————————————————

a/n: progress. progress. progress! sorry for any grammar or spelling errors and i hoped you enjoyed!