twenty five

"how was your day, y/n?" namjoon asked, closing the door behind you.

"rather relaxed," you told him, sitting on one of the chairs and placing your bag on the coffee table before you. "yours?"

"my lecture was kind of entertaining," he chuckled, sitting on his chair. "you know the class navi's in? the students in that class think you and i are dating."

"really?" you asked with wide eyes, and he hummed in response. "why would they think that?"

"i guess you could say it's because you come to my office often now," he shrugged. "like before, i'd meet you outside, but now you come here, and we go to my car together. students have seen the two of us come and leave together."

you sighed and closed your eyes. you mentally screamed at yourself for being stupid and forgetting how popular namjoon was among students. not to mention how questionable things would look between you two since you were a student and he was a lecturer.

"i'm sorry, namjoon," you apologised. "since this might cause issues, i think i can go back to taking the bus and-"

"you don't have to apologise, y/n," he sighed, closing his laptop. "you don't have to worry about what other kids think. and you don't have to worry about this affecting my job here either. it's not like i lecture you or anything like that. if i was going home with navi every day, then that might affect my career. but you're not my student, so the school has no right to fire me if students voice their concerns so much it reaches them."

you only nodded with a sigh before closing your eyes and making yourself comfortable. "are you almost done?"

"yep. let me pack my things, and then we can get out of here," namjoon told you, standing up and getting his laptop bag.

"namjoon," you said, suddenly sitting up. you realise he's been driving you around, and you've never properly thanked him for it.

"yeah?"

"do you like frozen yoghurt? or are you hungry?" you asked, glancing at him. "what are you in the mood for? like to eat?"

"why?" he chuckled, grabbing his files. "i'll answer you anyway. yes, i like frozen yoghurt. yes, i'm pretty hungry. and i think i'm in the mood for sushi."

"do you want to get sushi? i'll be my treat," you told him, sitting up. "it's to thank you for giving me rides."

"oh, you don't have to, y/n," he told you, pushing his chair in with his foot.

"let me help you with those," you said, standing up to take his files for him. "why do you have so many today?"

"assignments i need to mark. these next few nights will be long." namjoon sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "anyway, i know the perfect sushi place for us. let's go"

"alright," you nodded.

.

"namjoon, it's nice to see you again," the woman at the door greeted. "i see you've brought a guest with you, too."

"yep, meet this lovely girl, y/n. she recently moved into our house," namjoon said, placing a hand on your shoulder. "y/n, this is sunny. we shared a couple of school courses, but she's like family now. she's helped me a lot."

"nice to meet you, y/n," she said, extending her hand for you to shake. "i hope you enjoy what we have to order."

"sunny runs and owns this place," namjoon whispered to you, and you nodded before taking her hand.

"nice to meet you too, sunny," she smiled before letting go of your hand.

"table for two!" she exclaimed before walking to a door that said staff only. "i'll bring some water," she mouthed before pushing the door and walking in.