seven

"i'm surprised you wanted this," you said, rolling onto your back to look at the sky.

the sky was blue, and there were a few clouds.

"you like this kind of thing," bruce said, rolling next to you and resting his head on your stomach as he read a book.

as planned, you and bruce decided to go on a date. after your classes, he picked you up and brought you here. a park.

the two of you were sitting- well, now laying on a blanket in the shade of an oak tree.

"but i wanted to treat you to something," you huffed. "thought you would've wanted us to go to some place to eat."

"this is treating me, though. spending time with me in a quiet park while we read is perfect! not to mention having our own picnic," your boyfriend said, eyes glancing at the closed basket at the end of your blanket.

"i guess you're right," you smiled. "but you should've done this on our next date. i'm supposed to be treating you to something you like."

"i like you," he told you. "and i like making you happy," he chuckled, poking your stomach. "plus, i like doing things like this with you. being able to lie around and not do anything is nice!"

"okay, let's not lie around and not do anything. i'm tired of sitting. how about we play?" you asked, sitting up and gently moving bruce's head to your lap.

"but i wanted to read," he softly whined.

"oh, come on," you groaned, playfully rolling your eyes. "you can be your bookworm self after we have some fun. look, there's a swing by that tree. i'll push you."

"no, i'll push you," he chuckled, sitting up. "but after we play some tag."

"what are we? six? come on-"

before you could finish speaking, bruce tapped your nose, shouting: 'tag!'

"catch me if you can, y/n," he laughed, getting up and slowly backing away from the blanket.

"that's not fair," you whined, getting up too. "but you're on!"

your boyfriend's eyes widened as you suddenly charged toward him with a determined smile.

while you and your boyfriend chased each other around the park, some of your roommates were home. and they were talking about your welcome party on friday.

"should we tell y/n about us having a welcome party for her. or should it be a surprise?" jimin asked, resting his head on yoongi's lap.

"we should tell her about it... what if we plan a surprise party and stuff to find out the girl doesn't drink alcohol?" jungkook sighed, remembering one of their previous roommate's welcome party. they bought a bunch of drinks in advance, not knowing the guy didn't drink.

"about the party, maybe we should postpone telling y/n," yoongi suddenly said, causing the guys in the room to look at him in confusion.

"why?" namjoon asked, looking up from his tablet. "are you afraid of how she'll react?"

"when have i ever felt anxious about how our new roommate will react?" yoongi deadpanned, rolling his eyes. "that's jimin's thing, not mine."

"hey," the younger male huffed, only to earn a pinch on his cheek.

"anyway, i just feel like we should wait a bit longer," yoongi sighed. "telling her the truth about us when it hasn't even been a full week living here seems a bit... i don't know."

yoongi couldn't stop thinking about yesterday.

he had so many questions he wanted to ask but knew he couldn't. it was probably a sensitive topic for you, and he didn't want to ask something that would strike a chord.