eleven

"so this is what a house party looks like," you muttered as you looked out the window while navi parked the car.

"exciting, right?" navi asked. "before you even get inside, you can already get an idea of what's going on just by the lights and the number of people outside."

"finding rai in this mess is going to be hard, right?" you said, eyes following a group of people laughing as they walked into the house.

"yep," she said, taking out the keys. "but let's go and look for her."

"huh?" before you could register what she said, she was already out of the car.

"hurry up and get out! i want to party!" she yelled, waving her car keys.

you groaned before opening the door and hoping out. "i hate things like this... and i'd rather be in my room... but i couldn't turn down a birthday invitation."

you internally groaned when you were eventually dragged into the house by your excited best friend.

this place had everything you disliked. from the loud music and many people to the faint smell of alcohol. you disliked everything.

unlike you, navi loved everything about this place. she enjoyed the music blasting through the house. she loved dancing with random girls and meeting new people.

"it's been so long!" she exclaimed. "omg, she's so hot! i'm going to talk to her later."

"why don't you talk to her now?" you asked, looking at the girl she was talking about.

"are you sure?" she asked, looking at your joint hands.

navi didn't want to leave alone, knowing you weren't the biggest fan of places like this. she didn't mind staying with you the whole night if she had to.

"i'm sure, navi," you smiled, letting go of her hand. "i won't be alone for long. i'm sure i'll find bruce, rai or hiroto."

"y/n..." she frowned. "you better call me if anything happens, okay?"

"yea, yea," you nodded. "go on and have fun! i'll see you around."

you watched as your best friend reluctantly walked away, leaving you alone so she could talk to the girl who had caught her eye.

"it's been so long since she met someone," you chuckled before turning away to search for someone you knew.

it didn't take long before you bumped into willow. she was talking to some people with a cup in her hand.

"y/n!" she gasped when she saw you. "i'm surprised to see you here!"

"i'm surprised i'm here myself," you chuckled. "i couldn't turn down the invitation to someone's birthday."

"guys, this y/n, bruce's girlfriend and y/n, these are some of my friends," she introduced. you awkwardly waved as they all said their hellos.

"anyway, glad you could make it," she smiled. "have you seen rai yet? i wouldn't be surprised if you haven't."

"i haven't seen her, hiroto or bruce," you told her. "have you seen them?"

"i saw bruce a couple of minutes ago," she frowned. "he was talking to some guys from one of his classes by the drinks table in the dining room."

"oh."

"ah, hiroto was busy with his girlfriend, so i suggest you don't bother looking for him," she chuckled. "but if i see them, i'll let him know you were looking for him."

"so that dining room is that way?" you asked, and she hummed in response. "alright, bye, willow."

she waved before turning back to her friends.