twenty two

jimin sat on the kitchen counter, watching you wash the dishes while namjoon helped dry and pack.

"so, tell us about yourself, y/n-ah," jimin said, causing namjoon to send him a look. "what," he said to his boyfriend. "i don't know about you two, but we are on an informal basis."

"i hate when people ask me that," you chuckled, rinsing the last few dishes. "it makes me forget who i am and what i like and don't like," you told him.

"i'm sure all that information will come back to you in a minute," he said.

"it's not that easy," you groaned. "but there isn't much to tell you. i feel like i'm such a boring individual."

"why do you think that way?" namjoon asked while you shrugged.

"i don't know," you shrugged. "i'm not the most outgoing person. i'm quiet the majority of the time. i enjoy staying inside compared to going outside."

"there you go!" jimin smiled. "you're finally telling us about yourself."

you turned away from them, causing namjoon to glare at his boyfriend, mentally cursing him for opening his mouth.

"you guys will know more about me eventually," you said, putting the last few plates on the drying rack. "it just... takes me a while to open up and get comfortable around people."

"you remind me of yoongi," jimin chuckled. "but that's understandable, y/n. just remember what i told you earlier on campus."

you only nodded, not knowing what to say.

"you can go to the living room and watch tv or go upstairs to your room," namjoon told you. "we'll finish up here."

"alright, thank you for helping me, namjoon," you said, and he nodded, giving you a small smile.

when you entered the living room, hoseok and yoongi were cuddling on the couch, watching tv. taehyung sat alone on the other couch.

"do you want to join us, y/n?" hoseok asked, pausing their show. "we're watching the show: i can see your voice, and we're just about to guess if this person can sing."

"i don't mind joining you guys," you said.

"you can come and sit next to me," taehyung said. "let's share a blanket if that's okay with you."

yoongi watched as you slowly walked over to taehyung and sat beside him. you were slowly allowing yourself to grow comfortable around them. he was happy to see progress. you've opened up about your past, you were now on an informal basis with jimin, and taehyung allowed you to call him by his nickname.

"here, make yourself comfortable," taehyung said, moving the blanket to cover both of you.

"okay, we're just about to watch this guy's lip sync and try to guess if he can sing," yoongi told you. "he works on construction sites."

hoseok unpaused the show, and you all turned your attention to the screen.

just when he was about to sing, hoseok paused the tv again. "alright, yes, or no. yes, he can sing, or no, he can't."

"this man can sing," you said, crossing your arms. "he's a singer, and i can feel it in my bones."

"i'm telling you, y/n, this construction guy can not sing," taehyung said, rolling his eyes. "did you not see the way he was lip-syncing?"

"lip-syncing and actually singing are two different things, tae," you said, rolling your eyes. "and being able to make lip-syncing a high-note look like you're singing isn't easy."