six

tw: mention of a panic attack

"i see you've moved," your aunt said, and you nodded, even though she couldn't see you. "why did you move? i remember telling you not to, though."

"and i... i remember telling you i wanted to move," you told her. "i'm old enough now."

"i see," she said before letting out a sigh. "if you were still planning on moving why didn't you tell me, though? i could've helped you move your things. you even left some stuff behind."

"i had help from a friend," you muttered. "and i'll find a day to come and get the stuff i left."

the stuff you left behind weren't that important to you.

you had a lot of things you wanted to take with you. but you couldn't because it would've taken a lot of time, and you were afraid your aunt would come home before you finished taking your stuff.

so, to avoid having navi make a second trip to get your stuff, you picked out what was needed and left the rest.

"why don't you give me your new address?" she asked. "i can bring them for you!"

your breathing stopped, and you completely froze.

your aunt could never find out where you lived. if she ever did, it meant finding a new place to live.

she would probably come and go as she pleased, and living here would soon be no different than living with her.

not only would she continue to torment you, but your roommates would probably suffer too. and you didn't want that.

"n-no," you stuttered. "i'll come to fetch my stuff myself."

"come on, y/n. as your guardian, don't you think i should see the kind of place you've moved yourself to? i'll even bring you a housewarming gift!"

you hated how she was speaking to you right now. her tone was disgustingly sweet... and it reminded you of how she was towards you before everything changed.

"it's fine, auntie. i'll come-"

"oh, what's fine?" she suddenly snapped, and you felt your heartbeat quicken. "you better give me your location, y/n. at least while i'm still being nice."

"auntie..."

"you should be happy i'm not telling you to come back," she hissed. "but if you keep acting like this, i'll do that. i'll even find a way to get evicted so you can't avoid returning home."

"auntie-" your breath hitched, and you couldn't bring yourself to say another word.

"you better-"

you refused to continue listening to what your aunt had to say. you immediately ended the call, and your hand dropped to the floor.

the thought of going back to that house terrified you.

you couldn't go back to living with her. not when you just got away and started feeling like everything would be okay.

your heart began to thud in your chest, and you started to lose focus on your surroundings. you couldn't hear anything anymore, and you could barely see clearly. your hands began to shake, and your feet tingled.

you couldn't go back.

it took a lot of courage to go through with your plan of moving out. you couldn't let it go to waste.you just couldn't,

your breathing was heavy. really heavy.

so heavy that yoongi, who was walking past your door, happened to hear it.