The new beginning

The next morning, Donghae got up early to prepare breakfast for them. When he was done, he set some plates on the table before calling them to eat. They say done eating in silence. Donghae at them back and forth, "Did someone happen after I fell asleep? It feels awkward" he said.

"Nothing's awkward" Ah Reum said.

"You two are acting like you did something last night. Did you kiss?" he asked. Suho started choking on his food, he quickly picked up his drink and swallow. "You did?" Donghae said "And no one was going to tell me."

"It was because of the alcohol last night" Ah Reum said. Suho looked at her and back at his food. "What about Luhan?" Donghae asked.

"We broke up yesterday" she answered.

"You guys broke up?"

"Yeah" she answered putting a brave smile. She continued eating her breakfast while silence took over again. After breakfast they went outside the cabin, "Red eyes" Donghae called her. Her eyes was still the crimson red from yesterday, she turned to him "What" she called while turning to look at him, Suho who was standing next to him was looking right pass her. "Come here" he said waving her hands to her. She got up and walked over to them, "What is it?" she asked. He positioned her next to Suho was staring at them for a couple of seconds, "I ship it" he smiled.

"Ya, oppa" she said hitting his arm.

"I'm just joking, don't take it so serious" he said.

"When are we going back home" she asked taking a step away from him, "Later today. Don't you want to get rid of the red eyes before we go home?"

"I like it. I look exotic" she answered.

"Whatever" he muttered walking back to the cabin. Suho scratched the back of his neck out of awkwardness, "Ah Reum" he said.

"Oppa, we don't have to act awkward with each other. It was just the alcohol, I didn't even feel nothing" she said.

"Oh, I'm going to see what Donghae hyung is doing" he said walking away. His expression was dark while walking back, Ah Reum watched him until he went inside.

....

Monday morning, Ah Reum and Donghae were walking to school, when they got there they went to their class, Ah Reum sighed in relief when she saw the Luhan wasn't there yet. She walked in, "Here's little miss sunshine. Where were you this weekend?" Chanyeol asked.

"I went to the mountains" she said pushing pass him to take a seat next to Kai, she smiled at him while putting her bag to the ground. "I think you're mistaken. This is my seat" Baekhyun said.

"Seat next to Tao" she said.

"Waeyo? Did you and Luhan fight?" he joked.

"We broke up" she answered. Kai looked at her, the teacher came in with Luhan and Nana, they took a seat. Kai wrote something down in his notebook and slide it over to Ah Reum. 'You okay?' it read. She picked up her pencil and wrote something back before sliding it back to him, 'I'm fine, and don't go fighting with him' it read. "I'm your new teacher, Ms. Ahn. I hope you would treat me with the same respect as you old teacher" she said.

"I don't think you'd want that" D.O said out loud.

"Our old teacher was a bit of a push over" Chanyeol said.

"Well, not me. I hope we can get along" she said.

After school was done Kai was taking Ah Reum someplace, "Why won't you tell me where we're going?" she asked while following him. "It's a surprise" he said pulling her pass an old abandoned place, after ten minutes he brought her to their destination which was an old tree house. "This is the surprise?" she asked.

"Remember when we were young we would always come here and play" he explained. She looked around and saw old toys that she used to play with, "I remember this place. We would always play house here."

"I remember you saying that it was preparing us for the future. We even had Sehun play the baby" he laughed.

"I remember, but what are we doing here?"

"To celebrate your birthday. The guys are getting the cake and snacks and on their way. You didn't think we'd forget did you?"

"Actually. Yes" she said walking around, she was trailing her hands along the wall. Kai picked up a drawing of a family, "You remember this?" he asked holding it up. She walked to him and held the picture, "Oh yeah. That was going to be our family in the future. You, me, and our three kids" she smiled, "We were so young." While she was looking at the picture he was walking around, looking for something, rummaging through the trunks, "What are you looking for?" she called.

"A contract we made" he said, still rummaging through it, "Found it" he said pulling a piece of paper out, "I, Ah Reum, promise that in the future" he started reading, "Geuman" she said.

"In the future" he continued. She ran to him trying to grab the piece of paper but he held it in the air and she was jumping for it. "You're not going to give it" she said jumping up for it. She slipped as he snaked his arm around her waist and she put her arms around her neck. She looked at him as he had a small smile, "You need to be more careful" he said.

"I never noticed how cute you were" she said.

"You act like it's something new" he said putting her to her feet. She brushed her hands through his hair before kissing him.