Chapter 6

LAVANYA

'So you mean that if I want to walk out of this deal then I have to pay them three times as much as the money they were going to pay me? Oh Come on Fari, there should be a way out!!! This is crazy!!! And I haven't even begun shooting. I am ready to pay the initial amount back too right now!!!'I said and she cleared her throat saying

'I have gone through the document Lavanya and I'm sorry I don't see a way out. I am shocked why didn't you get it checked from me or Ajantha? She is your local lawyer in Mumbai. You always get the papers confirmed and only then you sign it. How could you be so careless this time? And have you gone through the papers for their clauses? They are obnoxious!!! I can file a counter case for them to put such a clause in the document but then this is going to be a big case!!!' she said and I narrowed my eyebrows and looked at my mobile.

Ajanta also looked uncomfortable as she looked at me and asked
'So you really didn't read it Han? And you Shravya you didn't go through it as well?' she asked and Shravya shifted uncomfortably on her chair and said

'This kind of a clause is very regular so I didn't think it would backfire!!!' she said looking down while Ajanta asked

'And the nudity clause? You thought that is as well not a big deal?' she said and I froze. Even Shravya looked shocked and then she looked at me saying

'I swear Mam!!! There was no such clause when I examined the document in their office. This...this can't be possible ' Shravya was shocked and my heart was beating really hard.

I did not mind dressing up a certain way but baring it all??? I mean it's every actor's personal choice but I am hell NOT doing it. I'm not comfortable.

Shravya even opened the email she received initially from ARS Production House which didn't mention anything about such a clause. And Ajantha said that this could be of some help to us when Fari said

'Its not a legal contract Ajantha. Lavanya read it and signed it. I can file this as a court case and it can be fought but why don't you talk to the production house about this Lavanya. You said you have been associated with them for years!!!' and I somehow thought she was right. I must talk to them.

'Adhik!!! This is ridiculous!!!' I tried explaining him about the clause in the contract document when I could hear loud music playing in the background. I usually don't loose my cool but today was one of the worst days of my life. I couldn't go to see my father, I was been tied into a stupid contract which if I breach would cost me an amount I could hardly afford and even if I agree to it, it means going nude on camera.

I couldn't comply to any. My only hope in this situation was him as his father was unwell, his brother was the Dracula ready to suck my blood but what hurt the most was instead of coming home to meet me he was at a random party or a pub. These were the times I doubted if he really has any feelings for me or not?

'Adhik I mailed you the contract pictures, I told you how serious this is, I begged you to come home and even after all this you are partying? I have only 24 hours. I start shooting from Monday onwards. Today is already a Saturday night Adhik. Atleast today please get serious!!!' I yelled to which he simply disconnected my call and I was shocked.

I dialled his number again and again but he didn't pick my call. Tears kept rolling down my cheek every time he disconnected my call. After 9th attempt he picked my call only to shout like a maniac

'Woman!!! Stop! What do you want? What should I do if you signed some stupid contract without seeing? You should have read and spoken against it right then and there but instead you first invite the trouble and then try to be the innocent pup. Not happening! I'm not your secretary or a body guard to solve your petty problems.' he said while tears rolled down my eyes non stop. No words left my mouth. Is he really my boyfriend?