Chapter 9

ADITYA

'Freak!!! Stoppp!!! Ewww!!! You know I don't like these perfumes!!! And stop!!! Ughhh!!! I have had a bath unlike you...you stinky bee!' saying I pushed him away while he giggled and again started spraying the perfume to my tuxedo.

'Adhikkkk! Enough!!!' I raised my voice and he clicked his tongue and looked at me saying

'Bhaisa yaar!!! Come on!!! It's my engagement today!!!' and I rolled my eyes saying

'Exactly! It is YOUR engagement ceremony so please go ahead and drown yourself in perfumes but please keep that strong perfume away from me. I'm happy with my sandalwood perfume.' saying I pushed him away and he rolled his eyes saying

'Bhaisa come on!!! Firstly you just came back this afternoon from U.K and then you didn't agree to wear the Sherwani I specially got designed for you. Then you strictly asked the media to not be a part of this function I mean what is your problem yaar Bhaisa!!! Be a little bit of a cool dude na!!!' he said and I passed him a glare and he pretended to keep a finger on his lips and whispered 'Sorry!!! I go mute!!!' and I shook my head and cleaned my glasses and wore them. I looked at him via the mirror and noticed him trying to click a picture of himself to post it on social media. This boy and his crazy fans. They are made for each other.

'Tabar(child) don't do that! You already know we have installed a lot of security outside the bungalow so your fans don't barge in. Don't put up a picture now and provoke them. You can post a picture of yours and your fiance's once the function gets over!' I said and he chuckled saying

'Oh come on Bhaisa! I'm not going to post anything now! And anyways I'm not posting my picture with Maddham anytime soon. I want Maddham's and my picture to break the internet!' he said and I rolled my eyes again. Kids nowadays I tell you!

But then I looked at him. Although he looked happy but somehow I wanted to ask him if he really wanted this.

'Adhik!!! Come here!' I asked him to come near me. He smiled and came closer to me. I circled my arm around his shoulder and made him sit on the couch in the room.

'Are you really sure about this step?I mean...I know your name has been associated on and off with this girl!!!'

'Maddham!!! Bhai... Her name is Maddham' he said and I forced a smile and nodded.

'Look Tabar! Engagement is a big step in life and you know Mom doesn't like her!' I said hesitantly and he looked at me saying

'Bhai!!! Mom was the one who spoke to Maddham's parents about this engagement. She may not have liked her but she certainly has accepted her now! Infact she even did the engagement shopping for Maddh-'

'Adhikkkk!!!' I voiced out and he shut his mouth.

'Mom is a Suryavanshi! And we Suryavanshis may like someone or not but we are excellent in fulfilling our responsibilities. Look at me...I hate coming to this bungalow but I still am here...Am I not? It's called responsibility! Even mom fulfilled her responsibility Tabar! It's not because she likes her. It's because she loves you!' I said and he nodded and said

'Maybe you are right Bhai. But Maddham is perfect for me in every damn way. She is beautiful, desirable. She is India's next upcoming superstar. We both are going to be launched together in the next movie. Fans love our pairing. They have crazy fan clubs for us. You know they keep sending us gi-'

'Adhikkkk stop!' I shut him up again and he looked at me for a brief moment.

'Fans come and go...today you are young, good looking, succesful but tomorrow things may change. People might find someone more handsome and good looking. Fame doesn't stay forever Tabar. Real happiness is what you want to do and how you would like to lead your life. Don't live a life because you have fans cheering for you. Social media, fame or followers...this isn't real life Tabar. Your internal happiness, your comfort is what matters. Are you really happy with that woman? Because as much as I am aware you never told me about her!' I said and he went numb.