Chapter 12

LAVANYA

I gasped as I realised how close our faces were and I gulped as I noticed how closely he kept observing my face. His breath smelled of fresh grapes, his eyes looked sharp yet drowsy and his gaze fierce yet enticingly teasing, trying to read me like an open book. He closed his eyes taking a deep breath.

Wait a minute! Is he trying to breathe in my fragrance? Whatever it was...we were too close to our liking. His skin wasn't touching me yet our heated bodies were so close to each other that we could probably feel each other without even touching each other.

'What are you wearing?' he whispered hotly in my left ear and the hot breath leaving his mouth brushed and tickled my earlobe making me gasp at once.

'Sa...Sa...Saree!!!' I said trying to meet his dangerous eyes as I tried to mutter 'Mis...Mister Su... Suryavanshi!!!' I breathed onto his face knowing how well my hot breath fanned his left cheek as his neck had tilted a little onto my right. But suddenly he looks into my eyes and then tears his gaze to point at something on my left hand which was lying limp in his tall frame.

I couldn't understand what he was trying to point to but that's when his right hand was brushing the skin of my shoulder, slowly playing through the skin of my forearms that was up for a display thanks to the revealing blouse. He himself inhaled deeply and my breath...well I had forgotten to breathe for I don't know how long.

But his sensual touch made me gasp via my mouth but his fingers didn't stop on my forearm and slowly touched my wrists surprisingly brushing and teasingly to reach my fingers. I sucked onto the flesh of my lower lip inside my mouth biting it lightly to make sure I didn't let out a moan. No man had ever touched me so sensually till date. Not even Adhik and here I was captured and pinned onto a damned mirror by his own brother.

'Mis...Mister Suryavanshi-'

'Why are you wearing this?' he asked and I was still in his daze. Did he not like the saree?

'Your mother sent this to-'

But before I completed the sentence he grabbed my hand roughly and lifted it up and slammed it against the mirror as I tilted my face to my right and his face bent a little too close to my liking. My chest heaved up and down while my heart was running a marathon...I couldn't understand anything. My mind was clouded by our proximity. But that's when he said

'The ring!!!' and I didn't understand his question but he interlaced his fingers into mine and pushed his right hand more into my left one as our interlaced fingers were now against the mirror and I heard the sound of the metal against the glass mirror. And that's when I tore my gaze towards our hands while I realised it wasn't a sensual moment, he wasn't trying to be hot but instead he was angry. I noticed how his jaw ticked looking at my hand and I realised he was talking about the ring.

'Oh....the...the ring! I....was changing and I don't know how and when it came into this room and how it had fallen down. I picked it up and was looking at it. It was beautiful and looked very pretty to me. I couldn't stop myself from trying it on my finger but it seems like it got stuck. I tried to remove it but it didn't get off. I will soon try to-'

'Just because it didn't leave your finger you decided you can keep it for yourself? Do you even know how precious it is?' he asked and I was shocked.

'Mister Suryavanshi I didn't mean to...I was just trying to-'

'It is a very precious gift. You have no idea how special it is and how could you simply wear it so casually Miss Khanna?' he asked and there was frustration, anger and disgust in that voice. Was he thinking that I was trying to rob it?