Chapter 24

A/N:Sorry for the lack of updates

In the base of the deadmans Olteca stood examining the strange vistamp his leader had brought with him.

Olteca:This stamp is unlike any I've seen.

???:That's because it's not supposed to be like any you've seen.

Turned to see Akemi entering the room.

Akemi:It's been repurposed.The founder originally made that stamp for use by the twosidriver.Though now I'm sure it'll serve a more...Useful purpose.

Olteca:We will have another sacrifice for lord Gif.How goes the surgeries?

Akemi:Mr Chameleon just had his implants completed.

Olteca looked down at his hand.In the place of skin a large patch of a strange stone like material covered his palm.

Olteca:I never asked but how is it you met the founder?

Akemi blushed heavily and seemed to become far more sheepish.

Akemi:He saved the life of a welp like me when I was beyond hopeless.My life is the least he deserves~

Olteca:I'm almost curious...does his child possess a fraction of the founder's power?

Flashback

A small boy laid in a dark room.A shackle attached to his leg kept the boy chained to the floor.

???:Oi Brat.

The boy stirred slightly but ignored the unknown voice.A number of black feathers seemed to float out of the boy's back and begin forming into a tall figure.

???:Daiji!

The little boy looked up and immediately recoiled as an inhuman creature stood over him.

Daiji:W-What are you!?

Kagero:I'm a part of you.A demon born from your heart.

Kagero pulled back his hand preparing to throw a punch.Daiji recoiled as tears filled his eyes.

Daiji:P-please don't hurt me!

A loud crash was heard as Kagero shattered the chain keeping Daiji tied down.The demon kneeled down to look Daiji in the eye.

Kagero:I was created for one purpose.To protect you.

Kagero picked up the malnourished child before kicking down the steel door with ease.