New Guy

Welcome to Hermitcraft, my home and server, along with many other peoples. I have been here since season 4 and now it's season 6! 

Apparently there's a new hermit coming so that should be great. The guy is friends with Mumbo and very skilled so here we are!

 As I got up from my little house, I looked around, inspecting my surroundings and totally not looking for the new guy. 

I looked back at my cabin. It was merely a starter base, made of oak for the walls, birch for the floor, and spruce for the roof.

 The outside was decorated with little flowers and plants, while the inside was a nice place to relax after a long day. 

I was in a forest near a beach, so I could swim if I wanted too. Although, the new drowned that came to the server could interfere with that. I also had a pet cat, named Pastel, who was a tiny little snuggle bug. Small and pristine, yet very clingy and dependent. My house style was suburban, and I was in the fantasy district. 

Why? Well, I wanted my mega base to be a big ghost F/A. (A/N: I'll add a key thingy soon. F/A is Favourite Animal) I was pretty good at pixel art, and though my cabin had just been built, was already making mega base plans everywhere in my mind. 

As I walked around in the forest, a certain Disney villain came up to me. "Heeeeey, Y/N?" He asked. "What do you need now Scar?" I asked. I had already helped him with gathering a lot of things and saved his life from a hoard of zombies, along with helping him build his starter base.

He looked scared for his life. "Can I.. ask you for a favour?" I sighed. "On one condition. Help me with my mega base and provide a quarter of the resources." He looked relieved. "Deal. See, I wanted to mine some diamonds, but I don't want to almost die from zombies again, and you have a diamond sword. Do you see where I'm going?"

I crossed my arms and nodded, pulling out my still mildly zombie bloodstained sword, I told him to lead the way. He brought me to the futuristic area, not my fiancé, but I had nothing against it. As we walked into a large cave, I noticed a small waterfall in the cave. "Careful, you may drown." I joked. 

As we began to mine, me and Scar talked about the new hermit. It was pretty much the only topic of conversation across the whole server. Suddenly Scar froze. He was under the waterfall when doing this. I followed his gaze and noticed a person at the cave entrance. The new hermit. 

He had dirty blond hair, a red jumper, grey pants and a nervous but playful smile. He also had parrot wings, which would under any other servers be unusual, but in this one not so much. After all, Ren has his dog ears and tail, and Xisuma is literally  an turtle in a suit.  As they guy was about to say something, Scar drowned. I looked at his stuff and ashes, then back to the person.

I decided to make a joke out of it. "Hey! I'm Y/N, and that" I pointed to the ashes "Is my best friend Scar! What's your name?" He seemed amused that I ignored my friend dying. "I'm Grian, it's nice to meet you Y/N." We shook hands. "You too Scar." He held out his had to the ash. "Scar, stop being rude, shake his hand!" I said to the mound of dust.

Grian picked up his stuff, and put it in a chest, putting down a kind of threatening sign. It basically explained his stuff and then said Grian totally wouldn't prank him. But, we both know that's a lie.

I looked towards Grian. "So, I gather your new here?" I said. I already knew the answer, it just seemed polite to ask. He grinned. "Yep! I was just looking for a shipwreck actually! I want to make a ship in a bottle!" 

I decided to be friendly and tease him a little. "That doesn't seem very futuristic." Yeah, I was being a hypocrite but I just couldn't not point that out. He blinked. "Is your starter base meant to fit in?" I shook my head and he seemed to relax. He looked at me. "Where's your base at?" He asked. "Fantasy district. Just a little cabin but it'll do."

He nodded. "So, why were you and Scar here?" I grinned and let out a dramatic sigh. Out of this server, I would have ran away from embarrassment, but I felt more confident inside Hermitcraft. "Well, I was just doing him another favour. He is going to owe me so much though."

Grian laughed. "Well, I'd best be on my way. It was nice meeting you Y/N!" He said. I waved "Oh, and there should be a shipwreck nearby! I already raided it, but it's still there!" I added. He thanked me and walked off. Just then Scar arrived.

I looked at him, mined a little, gave him diamonds and walked away. Where you may ask? To get elytra. It was good to get it early on so that you could sell it. Seeing as I had enchanted diamond armour and sword, along with an infinity bow (Hermits have their ways) I was ready to go. 

So, after killing many blazes and endermen, I had plenty eyes of ender. After a couple minutes of searching, I found the stronghold. After placing a bed outside the portal to respawn in (and lighting up the spawner. I'm not stupid.) I jumped through. Many end crystals later and a dragon, I went to the end 2. Found an end city, found a ship, raided it. 

You know the rest. Once I got the achievement 'take flight' however, my chat device buzzed. I saw all the hermits in said chat saying that my elytra thing was back. I was famous for being the first one to get an elytra, and extra famous for making a borderline ridiculous shop for them. 

Last season I made a giant fat bird for it, and in my first a huge crystal ball with lobster claws and legs. The names were 'Fat Birdie Flight Service' and 'Clawytra Sells'. This season I was planning on making a giant Easter egg, and calling it 'Rainbow Unicorn Pegasus Wings'. It was going to be coloured in the most obnoxious way possible too.

The others will love it. Anyways, I grabbed some fireworks I had brought and flew back home. I also did tricks in the air just for the heck of it. I though of Grian too. Man he was lucky, because of his wings he didn't need elytra and could just fly anyways. I got home and gave my elytra mending, then immediately began working on my egg.

After a few days, it was done. The others didn't know that I didn't sleep when working like this, but they didn't need to. So, many raids later, I had a firework, elytra, and mending books stock. Then I left to let the money roll in. I may have or may have not watched some of the hermits reactions to the egg from afar. Most of them had to squint because it was so brightly coloured.

I laughed when an 'oh my god' or 'Y/N what on earth' was said. But many people went in and came out sporting wings so I knew it was successful. I paid extra attention to Scars reaction. He blinked twice at my abomination and then just shook his head, and said my name with a fake exasperated tone. I chuckled underneath my breath and decided to jumpscare him.

Right as he exited the shop I quickly landed in front of him. He fell onto his bum and gasped, causing a evil cackle from me. He got up and looked at me. "Y/N. What have you done to this poor egg?" He asked, giving a backwards thumb towards the build. "I decorated it. Do you like it?" My voice was innocent with a hint of mischief in it.

He looked at it. "The saturation level is very... impressive." He said. I grinned. "Mumbo told me that he nearly burned his eyes from the brightness." Scar said, looking like he was also rather amused. I then bid him goodbye and flew off, to go and work on my plans for the mega base.

As I got into my little hut, I petted Pastel and continued to add details into my drawing of the mega base, wanting to make it perfect.

Well, that's chapter one out! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, this took forever and I cannot wait to continue! I'm going to watch Scars season 8 series. Stay strong and goodbye!

- ParanormalActivaty 💙