Suspicion (Pt 2)

I put on some more fancy clothes, drying myself from the shower I just took. I was preparing for the date I had with Grian today, when he asked me out at the Mycelium Resistance headquarters. I made sure I was wearing (Your Style) because I felt more confident in that look. Combing through my hair (If you have hair, otherwise ignore this) I smiled at my reflection. Today was going to be a good day, I just knew it.

I walked out to the entrance of my base after finishing my preparations, sitting on a chair to pass the time. Pastel nuzzled against my leg, and my heart melted at the sight. I cooed at her, scratching her ears and rubbing her cheeks. I heard a scream and looked up to see Grian crashing down into the undergrowth. I just slapped myself in the face, knowing he'd be fine. 

He dusted himself off and walked over to me, pretending to act like he graciously landed rather than pummeling into dirt. "Very graceful, 10/10 landing." I said sarcastically once he was in earshot. He gave me a light glare for that, putting a hand over his heart to act wounded. "Well I guess I shouldn't take you on a glories adventure if you will simply continue to make a mockery of me..." He dramatically wiped his hand over his forehead just to add the cherry on top.

I rolled my eyes playfully, grabbing my elytra. "Where are we going?" I asked.  "It's a surprise. Just follow me." He replied. I grabbed some rockets and took off with him, ready to go relax and have fun for the day.

(Timeskip)

I currently had my eyes covered with a makeshift blindfold, as Grian guided me through the jungle we arrived at. I had tripped on many twigs and leaves, and even (Unluckily for me) a parrot who had then pecked me in annoyance. So overall I was a little annoyed, but mostly excited for whatever Grian had planned. I knew from past experiences he never failed to impress you and exceed whatever bar you had set. 

He eventually took off the blindfold, and I gasped in awe at the sight before me.

It was a nice small clearing, surrounded by jungle trees. It had a picnic blanket in the center, and some lanterns hanging here and there, adding dim lighting to the scene. There was a pathway leading up to a hill with a clear view of the sky, and a jukebox next to the blanket for background music. 

I turned to Grian, who had a nervous expression. "Do you like it?" He asked. "I don't like it..." I began. His expression fell, and he was about to say something before I spoke again. "I love it!" I jumped onto him and tackled him to the ground in a hug. He laughed in both joy and relief, pushing me off of him gently before both of us got up from the grass. 

We sat down with Chirp playing in the background, eating pumpkin pie and having a deep debate about the benefits of either a pet cat or dog. "Yes, dogs attack mobs and scare off skeletons, but they only attack if you hit the mob, and once you've got a shield skeletons are pretty easy to kill." I said. 

"Cat's on the other hand scare off creepers, which are dangerous and grief your builds, as well as giving you stuff if you let them sleep on your bed with you." Grian shrugged after I finished. "Agree to disagree." He said, ending the small banter. 

The sun was setting, and we both admired the shades of orange, yellow and pink. Grian scooted closer to me, putting his arm around my shoulders, causing me to smile slightly. I leaned into his side, the two of us sitting in comfortable silence. "This is really cliché." I commented.

Grian laughed quietly. "Just let me have my cheesy romance in peace." He pulled me a little closer to him. 

After the sun set he led me over to the hill from earlier. I lied down in the tall ferns, just letting the view enter my eyes. Grian was next to me, copying my actions. After a while I started to shiver from the cold breeze. In response Grian wrapped his wings around me, using them to put me on top of him. He hugged me from below, resting his chin on my head.

"The stars are gorgeous tonight." I said. Grian opened his mouth but I cut him off. "If you say 'Not as much as you' I will mock you for the rest of the week." He closed it, instead settling on "Look, you can see the Big Dipper from here." I hummed, also noticing it.

After what seemed like hours I finally said "Okay look, this is nice and all, but I need to feed my baby's or else they'll come for me." Grian whined childishly, gripping me tighter. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Okay, if you let me go now I'll let you carry me back home." He immediately let me free, jumping up with a bright smile. 

I scoffed at this, blush evident on my face. We packed up the picnic leftovers and put the shulker box's containing them in our inventory's. I had barely even a second to react before Grian scooped me up and blasted into the starry sky. I yelped, startled, and Grian laughed in exhilaration from the cold breeze hitting his face. 

He made sure to do loops in the air as well, taking his sweet time on getting me home. At one point, as a twisted prank, he dropped me. I screamed in terror before he swooped down and picked me up again, laughing hysterically. "Oh screw you." I mumbled grumpily. This unfortunately only made made him laugh louder, and I had to endure it the whole rest of the ride home.

I sighed dramatically once we reached the front garden, wiping my hand over my forehead. "At last, I'm so tired I could just faint right here." With that I fell into the dirt, snoring obnoxiously loud. Grian just shook his head, helping my up. We both walked to the missing door. I was planning on replacing it soon, possibly with a more complex design so it couldn't be stolen. 

We reached the entrance, waving our goodbyes. "I'll see you soon- Grian?" He had taken a step back, his face pale, looking at something above my head. I looked up and had a similar reaction.

The Watcher symbol was floating above me.

"Y/N... I don't think we're safe..."

1101 words! Cliffhanger time! Reminder, from this chapter on there will be a long period of angst. Again I will have TW at the start of any gory or just in general heavy angst scene. Sorry for not updating, I'm not dead. Stay strong and goodbye!

_./___/_/..../../_./__.//__./___/___/_..//._../._/.../_/...//.._./___/._././..._/./._.//._._._

_/...././_.__//._/._././/_._./___/__/../_./__.//._._._

- ParanormalActivaty 💙