Mumbo for Mayor

I woke up from my bed, feeling refreshed for once. I didn't really know why, I just felt content. I remembered the moment of peace I got yesterday, and decided to relive it. I headed out the door and went into the flower field. I looked to my left and saw a massive waterfall on the mountain here before, clearly manmade but still had a natural charm to it. Once I made my way over, I noticed a sign in front of it.

Hi Y/N! I wanted to thank you for helping me, so I hope you enjoy your gift!

-Scar

I smiled widely, taking in all the salmon swimming in the pond above it. The rushing water was music to my ears. I went next to the edge of the pond and laid down on the grass, closing my eyes to hear the same melody from before. And I did...

But then the music was interrupted. 

A weird jingle started loudly playing, and soon enough lyrics followed. Might I add it was a juke box at max volume.

"MUUUMBO JUMBO!" It sang.

"VOOOTE FOR MUMBO!" 

"MUUUMBO JUMBO!"

"SHUT UP!!!" I screamed into the sky. I heard muffled giggles from underneath me, and I immediately started digging down.

"VOOOTE FOR MUMBO!"

I gritted my teeth, mining faster.

"MUMBO JUMBO!" 

It was getting louder, I was almost there to make it stop.

"VOTE FOR MUMBO!"

I could hear the giggles now. Grian.

"MUUUMBO JUUUMBO FOR THE MAYOR OF THE TOWN! MUMBO!"

I dropped from above him, landing on the juke box. I gave him a death glare, and his face turned to that of sheer terror. "Hi, love." I said through gritted teeth. Grian looked at a nonexistent watch on his wrist and started to back away. "Well would you look at the time? I better go and uhhh... Farm my crops!" He laughed nervously, then started booking it out of there. "GRIAN GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" I screamed. 

After a bit of me chasing him he came to a halt. He placed down the juke box again and put a disk in.

"Muuuumbo Jumbo!"

"No." I took the disk out. He died laughing. I glared at him once more, and put down a 'Vote Scar' poster on the wall. Grian looked at it and looked back to me, a frown now adorning his features. He put the disk back in and flew off before I could say anything.

"Finest moustache in the land!"

(Timeskip)

I was seated at a fancy table in Scars snail house, talking. "I think that for an idea of what to do if I become mayor," He began. "You know, the mycelium is all grey, and really takes some life out of the shopping district. Right?" I nodded. "Well, what if we made it grass? Instead of mushrooms only growing, there could be flowers and tress! It would just liven up the place. What do you think?" I thought for a minute.

"Well, it would be a pretty good idea. It would definitely make the place better to be in, and add more color. The only problem is that if someone would need mushrooms for a build the would have to travel a long distance, but no one really uses them that often, so I think it's worth it." He grinned. "Great! I'll see you later Y/N!" I matched his smile. "C'ya." 

As I was on my way out of the jungle I saw Mumbo. "MUMBO!!!" I screamed at his flying form. He accidentally set of a firework from surprise, doing crazy turns until he finally landed. He nearly fell but stabled himself. "Y-Yes Y/N?" He asked. "Are you okay?" I managed between laughs, finding my breath after a minute. He nodded, then almost toppled over a second time.

"That's karma for lying." I told him matter-of-factly. He gave me a small dirty look before regaining his posture once more. "What did you want?" He said. "I'm boooored Mumbo, and Grian annoyed the void out of me with his advertisements." I complained. He grinned, a smug look on his face. "That's karma for making fun of me." I groaned.

"Oh wait!" I said, my one braincell coming up with a thought. "I know what we could do!" He tilted his head questioningly. "We have a redstone VS building contest!" A competitive look crossed both our faces as I held out my hand. He shook it, and we both got to work.

I rummaged through some shulker boxes, eventually finding some prismarine. I took out all the different variety's of it, deciding to make a shrine. When I was halfway through building the frame, I looked over at Mumbo. He was still thinking. Yes! I thought. This'll be a breeze!

Oh how wrong I was. 

When we both finished our projects I proudly presented mine, but then the look on my face was washed away when I saw what Mumbo made. It was a massive, gigantic, walking machine, with a 'Vote Mumbo' poster on it. My jaw dropped to the floor. Mumbo looked at my expression with a smirk. "I'll take the win on this one." I just quietly nodded in response.

Stress flew by just then, waving cheerfully. "Hi guys- OH MY VOID." She exclaimed at the creation she just saw. "HOW DO YOU- HOW?!" The machine walked across the land, leaving footprints behind. "Mumbo I don't know how you do this magic." She said, turning to the mustached man. "I don't either." I chimed in from behind her, taking a step forward.

"Here's your prize Mumbo." I laughed, handing him a netherite ingot. He smiled and thanked me, flying away with his new possession. "I will never understand redstone." Stress told me. I nodded, agreeing with her.  

"I feel like a child."

942 words! Sorry for the short chapter, it was mostly a filler. Anyways, stay strong and goodbye!

- ParanormalActivaty 💙