Episode 10 Part 2

"AVIATION, DEVIATION, UNDETECTED, STEALTH PERFECTED!!!"

7:30 AM

——————

School was delayed by an hour for Sensha-Do participants because of the late night match, which unfortunately that meant skipping World War II class.

No biggie, Carm thought, after all, it's an hour less of pointless education.

he knew the conflict by heart, any education on the subject other than ludicrously deep dives would be a waste of breath.

He got himself ready in a non-regimented manner, mainly because he was still broke-tired from last night.

At 9:30 he headed out, as per usual.

The tank was already set up in the apartment parking lot.

The crew was also up bright and early.

"Ready to start the day boss, couldn't sleep?" Gary said

"Went to sleep at 1am, how'd you know?" Carm said.

"Eye bags can tell a story" Gary said, shrugging

"I'm still feeling an adrenaline rush, I can't get tired." Carm said

"It's gonna hit in an hour, just watch." Gary said, slapping Carm's shoulder, before running to the tank and climbing aboard

The other boys were already doing the same.

———————

The ride to school was relatively relaxing.

If you count the rumbling of a 70 ton prototype American World War II heavy tank's tracks relaxing.

You didn't need to fear a road accident in this thing, the tank won't even feel it, which was probably where the relaxation came from.

————————

Later

Carm walked with the guys to the tank garages

Through the whole day, it seemed that Yukari always tried to nudge her desk closer to his.

Maybe it was just him, but hey, you never know.

————————

Carm wondered if the Army considered his request for the upgraded turret.

That thought was quickly affirmed by a US Air Force C-17 Globemaster III doing a flyby at a slow speed.