An Ordinary deployment

———————

December 5th 1944.

The Ardennes Forest

The engine of Obersturmfuhrer Otto Streiger's Königstiger growled as the heavy tank traversed the snowy ground.

His loader sat on the top of the turret, cleaning the MG-42 machine gun,

Otto Streiger was a seasoned King Tiger commander coming from the Eastern Front to participate in operation Wacht am Rhein.

He was part of the famous 1st SS Panzer Division Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler

Unit insignia

His King Tiger (204) rounded a corner, plowing up snow as it went.

The Maybach Engine struggled to run the massive tank, even at a very slow speed.

He was beginning to get worried about the health of the engine

When he finally spotted the division HQ on the horizon...

"Ah, good, Hans! Get the toolkit! I'm afraid Irma's engine won't last much longer!"

Irma was the name of his and his crew's beloved King Tiger

"Jawohl! (Yes)" Hans shouted

——————————

The King Tiger pulled into the HQ, and based on the sound of his engine, repair crews automatically knew what to do.

He received his mission orders from the company commander himself,

Since he was the only member left of his platoon that didn't break down, he would have to hunt alone.

A shame....

Irma always seemed to last longer than the others

Gustav was bust cleaning the optics upon Otto returning to the vehicle.

The stress of being nearly being killed hadn't made his way to him yet.....

"What are our orders this time sir?"

"Hunt alone like we always do. Just now we attack the Americans instead of the Russians."

Like they always do...

Looks like this is going to be another ordinary day.....

——————————