Die letzte Vorbereitung (The final Preparation)

Otto Striger watched as the strangely painted other Maus, was cannibalized for parts and it's fuel tanks siphoned to keep his thirsty tank fed.

This whole predicament was completely and fully strange.

After the American aircraft struck his vehicle, it shook terribly, and then they woke up here.

Tank and all.

In the middle of a forest.

Ever since he got here, he tried to find out where he was and asses his strange predicament.

It looked like he was in the future, the buildings in the distance didn't look anything like it was 1946,

Not that there were many buildings left after the Allies bombed them.

When he kept diving around, he eventually found this strangely painted Maus,

It's camouflage scheme wasn't that of regulation, and it's markings were messed up.

How it should look

How it looked

How it looked

The lettering looked very Asian.

Japanese maybe? Chinese?

He'd never been there before, and the only time he thought he was going there was in his tank, watching his flag being raised over Tokyo when the time eventually came.

But unfortunately, fate would say otherwise,

He was in this horribly strange world, with strange technology, that still used vehicles from 1946?

Hm, guess that he'll have to find a way out, if there was one.

His crew were still shaking their heads, either in wonder, or they missed home,

He had to get back to his home, if he was going to continue to fight for his Führer.

He pulled his tank into the forest and waited to see what tomorrow would bring...

———————

Little did he know, it would be far more interesting than he might've thought.