Episode 14 Part 2

They neared the base,

The convoy of vehicles stopped as a few MPs went to go talk to Second Lieutenant Gavin for a bit.

The forest had a certain foreign, almost enchanting feeling to it

The fog returned, obscuring any vision past a few dozen feet.

The ground wasn't the most snowy thing ever, as most of the snow was on the treetops.

The ground was even worse, there was mud everywhere.

Deep, disgusting mud.

The T29 giant tracks scooped up globs of it as it moved through the forest.

But now, they've stopped as the MPs check out The Second Lieutenant real fast.

The MPs nodded and the vehicles moved forward into the camp.

————————

Of course the T29 drew eyes as it drove through, Dan having to give extra care as it weaved in between trees.

They kept moving their vehicles to an almost, parking like area.

Which was basically a clearing in the trees that they used to park their vehicles.

Light shone through the hole in the treetops. And snow gently fell down,

There were a few short barreled Shermans parked, and a single Sherman M4A3E8.

The tanks didn't look nearly as clean as the ones from Saunders did,

They were dappled in Olive drab, and covered in a rudimentary winter paint scheme.

They had logs and spare tracks on them.

They looked up at the T29 as it parked right next to them

It was huge, as per usual.

The crew disembarked immediately,

And they started trying to find supplies.

The Mangled M1919A4 Machine gun in the hull was thrown out and replaced with a new one.

Which was easier said than done when the barrel is mangled and bent.

Sandbags were placed on the hull, along with a wooden plank to keep them on the hull.

Tracks the size of those the T29 used were not here, so unfortunately no spare tracks.

The Shermans were M4A3 variants that used the GAA V8 engine,