Homecoming

The Americans had been gone for a full hour and twenty minutes,

Search parties were looking for them everywhere.

The US Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and Japanese Self Defense Forces were involved.

It was all over the news, in multiple countries.

The random, thick smoke, and the boys spontaneously disappearing.

Not just the boys were on that tank however....

Miho's friend, Yukari was as well.

An eerie, supernatural, paranormal sight.

all of a sudden, the giant smoke plume came back, and they returned, just as fast as they left.

A shape formed in the smoke cloud.

A tank, probably that of the boys, though it looked very different

Miho, startled by this, exited her Panzer IV that she had been sitting in, and she clambered up the wrecked tank.

It was so unbelievably torn up,

Miho, in all her years of Senshadō, had never seen a tank in such a poor state.

The olive green paint from before was shearing off. Replaced by white paint

The said white paint was getting worn off, revealing numerous scratches and cuts in the steel skin.

some spare pieces of armor were crudely welded on, covered in so many holes, and deforming badly.

The gun barrel was bent to a harsh left angle.

Numerous men and women in orange uniforms surrounded the tank like a swarm of ants.

Immediately medical crews with big red crosses on their uniforms climbed up the vehicle with much difficulty, trying to scale the steep sides of the turret,

They forcibly opened the hatches, and then carried the unconscious crew members out on stretchers.

"Quick, get an ambulance!" One yelled.

One by one the crew was taken out of the vehicle.

Most of them were boys, in terribly worn outfits, with bloody cuts on their faces and arms, their fates entirely up to the medical teams around them.

After a few more seconds of heart-stopping silence, Yukari's limp body was carried out of the wrecked vehicle,

She wasn't in her blue Senshadō outfit, rather a crudely cut and resized version of what the boys were wearing.

It was covered in scratches and holes,

Miho looked on in parched horror.

What had happened?

The second the crew were all safely gone,

She checked the tank again.

It was so foreign, so strange.

The Ōarai emblems were still only barely visible under the white paint,

The engine was melted, smoke and steam vented from the engine cover and exhaust pipes, staining the blue sky.

The running gear was virtually all missing on one side, the wheels removed from their suspension elements forcibly.