Ch.1: Unexpected Guest

Layla's POV:
As I was laying on my bed in my room, I glanced up from my book to look around. One of my wall's that has my window frame, has a huge book case covering the whole wall while the space underneath the window is a window seat. Every shelf, every nook and cranny is filled with some type of book. Except the one shelf that has my record player. The window seat has whit cushions, with three soft brown pillows.

On the other wall, to the right of my window, is my bed. It's much like the bed frames at Hogwarts, but it's built to fit my queen sized bed. From the frames, where curtains are supposed to lay I have fake vines hanging down(of course, all organized). To match I have whit sheets and a white comforter, with different shades of brown pillow shames. At the end of my bed a have a foot stat that is crème and can open up, only to uncover all of my sweatshirts.

The nice thing about my room is that I don't have to share a bathroom with my nasty brother, James, because I have my own(it's on the same wall as my bed). Yes, THE James Potter is my brother, twin brother to be exact. Not the most exciting thing on Earth, but it definitely makes boring Summer days, like the many ahead, not as boring.

The wall directly across from my bed as a centered wardrobe that was my Grandmothers. Besides that, that wall is pretty boring other than my many vinyls plastered on the wall. Last but not least, the last wall has my beautiful, light colored wood desk. The entire wall has posters of bands (not bright colored ones), and millions of pictures of my friends, family, and I together.

I'm brought out of my trance when I hear my mother come out of my door, from the same way my desk is on.

"Layla, sweetie?" She says politely.

"Yeah?" I ask while I still have my book open, laying in my stomachs and my feet in the air.

"Dinners ready okay?"

"Okay, I'll be down in a sec. I have to wash up"

"Sounds good." and with that she leaves my room, descending from the near by stairs.

I gently put my bookmark in my book and set it down on my desk and go over to my bathroom. My bathroom is fairly reasonable sized, it has a long counter that I have my toothbrush, hair products, and my mascara neatly organized across. I say I have the cutest shower curtain ever. It's main color is white but it has tiny, little yellow flowers hand sown on.

I quickly wash my hands with soap and water, and dry off my hands with towels that match my shower curtain. I look up in the mirror and see that my cheeks and nose are slightly sunburned from hiking yesterday with my best friend Lily Evans.

I walk out of my bathroom and bedroom while flicking off the light switches. I have a tendency to close my room because of James, he's the biggest snooper you'll ever meet. As I'm doing that I see that the guest room across from mine has a few boxes and a suitcase laid out inside of it. I don't really pay too much attention and make my way down stairs as my brown hair bounces with every step.

I twist and turn to get to the kitchen and see James already sitting down. When I walk past him I shove his head down, but being aware of the fork that he has raised with some of his dinner on it. "You know, you could at least wait till every one sits down at the table James, it's disrespectful" I say having sarcasm with the last two words.

He just looks at me with an annoyed face as I walk to the kitchen and help Mom bring the last of the food out. I sit down, across from James with the two extra chairs on my left and his right. We were having chicken, mashed potatoes, rice and some other stuff. I swiftly grab some of everything, while everyone does the same.

"You know, you could really wait till every one sits down at the table Layla, it's disrespectful" James blurts, just was I go to have my first bite.

I lower my fork down a little bit and look around the table 'Moms here, Dads here, James is here, I'm here'  I think "Everyone is here. Your being delusional James".

"No not everyone is" he has a smirk on his face.

"What do y-"

"No she can start eating, I'm here! Sorry I had to go and wash my hands. Dinner looks great Mrs. Potter!" Says a little too familiar voice, Sirius Orion Black.

"Hey! What about me?!!?" Dad shouts jokingly.

"You too Mr.Potter" Sirius croaks, a little too cheerfully.

I just sit there, not being able to understand what is happening. Sirius Black is sitting RIGHT IN FRONT of me! What the heck is he doing here? He's even acting like he lives here now! Wait- where those his boxes in that room across from mine?

My ex boyfriend is sitting down eating dinner with my family. I have hated him ever since I confronted him of cheating. We have had this very deep hate for each other ever since.

I'm brought out of my thinking state as a drop my fork to my plate making a pound clang, and I jump a little. Everyone looks at me. "I'm sorry, Mom may I be excused for a second?" I was very eager ti be anywhere but in here with him.

"Yes, is everything just fine" I can sense her worry in her throat.

"Yep, just need fresh air!" I shout already half the way up the stairs.

I slam my door and walk over to my window, slowly opening it. My window leads me straight outside.