Ch.12: Into the Meadow

Layla's POV:

After we all ate our ice cream, we all walked back to my Jeep to get the girls bags. Marlene and Alice walked home and then Lily's mom came and picked her up.

"So what do you guys want to do now?" I ask the three boys.

"I don't know." James said.

"So helpful James."

"We could go swimming." Sirius spoke.

"That sounds fun."

"I don't have my swim trunks with me." Remus pointed out.

"You can borrow some of mine." James told him.

"Okay."

"Load up then." I say jumping into the car.

We all got to the house and went upstairs to change. The boys went to their rooms and Remus followed James. I went up to my room and opened my dresser to look at my swimsuits. It took a while to find one that I liked but I finally found one. It was a two piece. The bottoms were army green and high waisted. The top was white with yellow and orange flowers with the same green leaves. I grabbed it and went to my bathroom to try it on.

I haven't worn this one in a while so I had to make sure it still fit. Luckily it did. But just in case I wanted to ask Mom. All she said was "absolutely stunning!". I walked back to my room to get the shirt and shorts I was wearing. I just put my Sandler on and grabbed a towel from my cabinets.

As I was turning the light off in my bathroom Sirius walks in, "hey, whatcha need?"

"I came in her to see if you have any towels James, Remus and I can use?"

"Oh yea of course." I turned the light back on and squared down to look at my towels. "Ummm..." I look back at him and the towels. I just start to laugh.

"What?" He says confused.

"Look for yourself."

"Umm okay." He walked over and looks in the cabinet. "Oh I see."

"Yeah." We were both starting at the very girly and floral towels. "Welp I hope you guys are secure with your masculinity!" I chuckled while grabbing three of some of the most gender neutral ones that I had.

"Thank you." He says grabbing them back.

We both walk out of my room, me turning the lights off as I went. James and Remus were already waiting for us on the couch. Remus sees us, gets up and goes towards the front door.

"Where are you going mate." James said in the other side of the house by the back door.

"To the car?" He says confuse.

"Why to the car?"

"I thought we were going to a swimming pool? Are we not?"

"No we are." I intervened.

"A natural swimming pool." James completed my sentence.

"Come on Moony." Sirius walked over to Remus and draped his arm around his shoulders walking over to James and I.

I open the back door and walk out, starting to walk towards the meadow. All four of us were side by side for a little until we got to the garden. Sirius and I were leading with James and Remus following behind us. We got to the meadow and followed the path.

I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. At this point I wasn't listening to what Sirius was telling me. I finally recognized the spot. It's where the tree house is. We had to walk close by it to get to the pool. As we were turning the corner, I spot something red. Ig was my blood from when I fell. That's a lot of blood. The feeling in my stomachs grew stronger.