Ch.2: Fresh Air

Layla's POV:

I carefully open up my window and crawl out onto the roof, closing it behind me. When I was only 14 years old I found out that I could get outside to the humongous garden from my window. Ever since then I've always done it. I make sure to do it as quietly as I can until my feet hit the ground.

As soon as my feet do hit the ground that's when I notice, I'm barefoot. I just hope that the footsteps that I heard behind me when I was going to my room were all in my imagination. That's when it hits me. If someone did follow me I need to run, all I want right now is to just be alone.

I take one step after another, and picking up the pace as I'm going, until finally I'm running. There's a pretty big field before you can get to the flower garden. Well technically it's a meadow, but it's still the same concept. Everything that is on the ground I can feel on my feet. The long, green, pointy grass. Every small rock. Dirt that is peaking its way through the ground.

I come to an abrupt stop when. I'm at the boarder of the field and the grass. I look back and wonder if I should go back. No. If I do go back I'm just going to get pissed again. And that's when I saw it, someone was following me, I see a figure jumping down from my bedroom window. It's as it it was, Sirius?

Starting to run backwards, I turnaround to the place that Dad and I built when I was 6 years old. The Tree House.

Sirius' POV:

We all look at each other shocked at Layla's actions. Mrs. Potter starts to stand up when I croaked out "No you should stay. I was the one that upset her. Even though she hates me and vis versa, I need to correct my wrong doing" I look at James "I'll be right back.".

With that I stood up and walked up to her room, definitely not at the pace that she did but quick enough to know where she went. I knocked on the door

-no answer-

Again, maybe? I thought

-again no answer-

I shook my head "why am I doing this" I whispered as quiet as a mouse. I turned the doorknob and walked in "Layla?". Nothing. Huh. As I'm looking around her room I see a wall full of pictures. Nothing to special. Well except for one, it was one that was taken in first year. It was when we were about to leave for our first official Summer Break.

All five of us were at the train station. Moony was the furthest to the left, arm around Wormtail. Then it was James furthest to the right and mimicking Moony, but his arm around me. And in the middle? I think it's Layla. She's changed so much, both with physical appearances and her personality.

It might surprise some people but Layla and I were best friends in first year. It surprises me too sometimes. I just wish that we could go back the good old days when we had no worries about school work, studying so much, full moons, test scores and etc..

I look over to her window woah! So many books! I wonder if she's read all of them. The curtain are swaying just enough to catch my attention. I walk over and look through the window and see her running through the fields behind their house.

Oh gosh I m doing it again, following after her. I climb through the window and get on the roof. I find the branches outside the room from the tree and climb down. As I get down to the floor I find myself running after this girl that I hate.

Layla's POV:

I finally find the tree house and climb up the latter. It was pretty basic there was no decorations, no pillows, no blankets. I sit down in the middle of the floor and flop down on my back looking up at the night fighting it's way across the sky. Dad and I made sure to leave the roof open because I love Astronomy and everything that comes with it.

When all of the sudden my thoughts take over my head like a wave. Is it really suck a bad thing that he's here? Yes-wait no-yes- I don't know. I mean for all I could care he could just be spending the night. No because James was talking about this last week- but I thought he was just joking, obviously not anymore. Maybe Sirius and I can start over with our friendship. I never rea-

"Hello?" A boy calls out, Sirius. I know that voice anywhere.

"I'm up here" I say as if I'm ashamed.

"You probably shouldn't be up there"

"Why"

"It doesn't look very sturdy, you could fall at any given time"

"And why would you care"I shouted back throwing my arms up.

"Because James would kill me"

"No he wouldn't. In fact I'm pretty sure that he loves you more then he love his own sister"

Sirius paused for a second "No he doesn't"

"You paused, and yes, yes he does"

"Layla you are getting on my nerves"

"Then why did you come out here?" I ask actually wondering.

"Because"

"Don't because me"

"What"

"Sirius, when you say 'because' as an answer it's not convincing at all"

"Really you need to come down here. Right now Layla!"

I can hear the aggravation in his voice more and more as he speaks. "I will if you give me a better reason then 'because'"

"I... don't want you to get hurt?" He says, not convincing at all.

"That's even less convincing then 'because'" I start laughing and I turn on my side. I hear a big crack from the wood, right before one of the floor boards fall the the ground.

"You believe me now?" I can almost smell the smirk that he has on his face as he said that.

"Yep" standing up, I hear the same crack as before and another floor board falls.

Only except this time is the one that is directly below my left foot. My left leg falls through, while getting cut really bad. My upper half of my body is still on what is left of the Tree House, along with my right leg.