Ch.4: Week of

James' POV:(it's like a journal)

—TUESDAY—-
Layla got hurt really bad today. I was so worried that I was going to lose her. I don't know what I would do if she left me forever. I know that I'm not always the nicest to her and all but at the end of the day she's still my twin. We got her to a Muggle hospital. They took her into surgery right away. From what I understood she lost A LOT of blood, needed stitches for her leg and broke her right arm. On a good note, Sirius started moving in this morning. I feel bad for him though, I'm just lucky that he got out of his house hold when he did. His room is right across from Layla's. I don't know how well that will work out for, well both of them. In first year they were best friends and that lasted up until fifth year. That's when they started dating around Christmas time, but they broke up because, well I don't really know that either. They've hated each other ever since the break up.

—WEDNESDAY—
Layla was still asleep from her surgery early this morning. I had spent the night with her while everyone else went home. I can't help but feel that it was my fault around lunch time I decided to go home and take a shower. It was weird not having her around, as soon as I stepped through the front door everything was off. I never really noticed how much life Layla put into the house. Later that night I decided to go back and visit her again. Even though she was unconscious, the doctors still said that we should talk to her because there was a possibility that she could here us. I think I'm going to spend the night here again, just so she's not alone.

—THURSDAY—-
It's been three days since the accident had happened. Layla has still not woken up. I've been a complete mess without her. Sleep schedule is all over the place. Heck I can't even eat normally. Mom and Dad have been visiting her a lot too, but definitely not as much as me, I spend every waking hour here in hope that she wakes up. Something that I did find. Little strange has been Sirius. He's been acting like it's all his fault. He's been down in the slumps lately. I can't blame home we all have.

—FRIDAY—-
Today marked the fourth day, Layla is still not up. I did decide to call Lily and tell her about everything that happened. It was kind of hard to get her on the phone considering that normally when I do call it's to ask her out. But anyways I told her about everything and she can to see Layla around lunch time. Lily even brought me a sandwich(that I ended up not eating). Sirius has been very gloomy today and isn't The Life of the Party that he is. Don't tell anyone but I still think that he has feelings for her. As for Mom and Dad they've been trusting to cheer my up and take my mind off of the bad things but hasn't been too successful.

—SATURDAY—
I didn't do that much except wait with Layla and send letters to Remus and Peter to tell them what had happened. No sign of Layla waking up yet and the doctors don't know when she will. I'm starting to lose hope.

Layla's POV:

My body felt heavy. My whole right arm aches. My left leg burned all up and down my leg. My head pounded.

I start to flutter my eyes open, but close them because how bright the room lights are. I finally get them fully open. I look around and see James, Lily, Remus, Peter, and S-Sirius? I then look down. My right arm is in a cast my left leg is elevated with bandages wrapping it. I then remember what all happened.I try to wake up sleeping James by flinching my left hand and j see him joint up.

"Hey"he says sleepily, tired, sad, and so many others.

I don't know what happens but I started to cry. Everything that happened, hanging quite literally on for dear life. James got up from his seat and came up to me, telling me that it was okay. Surprisingly, no one else woke up that was in the room. Once I calmed down, I asked James "what happened?"

"Well" he began "when you fell you cut up your left leg pretty bad, so bad that you had to get stitches. Your right arm was caught in the floor boards as well, causing it to break."

"Oh" that was all I could get out. I motioned to everyone else in the room with a confused look on my face.

"I owled Lily, Remus, and Peter telling them about what happened so they knew that I couldn't hang out with them like we planned" it was like James read my mind(which often happens due to us being twins).

"Why is Sirius still here then? I thought he still hates me."

"He doesn't. He was probably the one that was most worried, after me of course" James said with a smile on his face trying to get me to laugh. It worked. I'll give home props for that, he always seemed to make me smile what ever the. Case may be. To be honest I don't know how how he does it.

After about three days of resting in the hospital, just so the doctors could watch my bleeding, I could finally go home. Go home and be in my bed, with my books, with my blankets, and with my family.

Mom mostly helped me with getting up to me room. It was still kinda hard to walk considering that one of my legs had taken a lot of damage and still hurt no matter what medicine I took. The stairs was a little challenging but wasn't bad. At least before I was able to come home the doctors took my stitches out because it was a week since I got them in. Although I still had to have a sling for my healing, broken arm.

"James and Dad went downstairs to get lunch ready, okay sweetie." Mom says standing against my bed frame while I was sitting down.

"Okay, sounds good." That's all I said.

There was a moment of silence before Mom spoke up again "why did you storm off when Sirius sat down at the table? I knew that you guys weren't on the best terms, but I didn't know that it was that bad."

"Look Mom, it's just" I went quiet for a second "Do you know what their making for lunch?"

"No" she could see that it was still a touchy topic for me to talk about, and with that she walked out of my room.

I flop my back on my bed with my hands resting on my stomach. Did I react too much? No! I hate him! I have a reason to, right? I mean he did cheat in me five months into our relationship. Typical Sirius. What if he was just spend-

"Hey" a voice calmly called out from my door.