Ch.9: Awkward

Layla's POV:

Sirius and James. Crap. He's going to know that the song is about him. The girls reposition themselves so their legs are dangling off of the bottom in the bed. James is by my dresser leaning on it, whereas Sirius is leaning on my bed. I push past the two trying to get to put my guitar pic back in the container I have filled to the brim with them. As I reach the desk and put the pick back Sirius says,

"It's a good song."

"Thank you." I reply. Leaning on my chair and crossing my arms feeling a little awkward.

It was quiet until we hear our Mom call down making sure that we heard that dinner was done.

"We should probably go." Lily speaks up. The three girls stand up and out the door as Lily drags James with her.

"Am I your muse?" Sirius says with a smirk.

"What?!?" I say surprised.

"Am I your muse?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because it does."

"Does it though?"

"Oh yes, yes it does."

"Then tell me. Why?" I'm genuinely curious.

"Why would it matter to you?" The smirk never left his face.

"Hey you were the one that brought it up."

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"Like really want to know?"

"Yes!" I know he's doing it on purpose.

"Do you still like me?" Sirius says repositioning himself just a little bit.

"What!"

"Do you still have feelings for me?"

"Okay, now your actually getting on my nerves." I go to walk out and turn the door handle but he slams the door closed.
I still have my hand in the door handle and his is in the door. Our faces are inches apart. "Why do you want to know?"

"Just a general question."

"No." I lie.

"Liar."

"So now your accusing me of lying?"

"No, not accusing. I heard your little crying fest today with the girls."

Shit. "And?"

"And I saw you leaving my room before that."

"Once again, and?" I'm hungry and I want to eat.

"And you left something of yours in my room."

"It's not mine anymore." I muttered, taking my hand off the doorknob and pulling down my sleeves to the palms of my hands. "I don't want it anymore." I look back at him.

His face drops, no more smirk on his face. "Well I don't want it either." His hand drops to his side.

There's just an awkward silence, "I'm hungry can we go?" I ask shyly.

"Yea" he says popping his lips, and opening the door.

Dinner was fine, just a little awkward. Everyone had finished, the girls and I went back into my room to grab a game for all of us kids to play. When we got up to our room we went straight to my bookshelf to search. James and Sirius had gone outside to clean up a spot to play.

While we were up in my room we decided to change into our pajamas. Since it was summer it was still very warm at night. I was wearing one of my crew neck sweatshirts and a pair of running shorts. We got the board game, monopoly, and went back downstairs outside.