Ch.7: Nostalgia

Layla's POV:

I sent out the letters to Marlene, Lily, and Alice around 10. It is now 11:32 when my owl, Chipp, flew in through my cracked window carrying three letters.

The first one I opened was from Alice;

Dear Layla,

first off, thank you for asking me to stay at your house. Second, I asked my parents if I could go and they said that I could! All I have to do is grab a bag and my mom is going to take me over. By the time that you see this I'll probably be around 30 minutes away. See you soon! Love ya!

Love, Alice

Secondly, I opened the one that was from Marlene;

Dear Layla,

MY MOM SAID YES! When I first saw your letter I ran down the stairs, not mentioning that I almost tripped twice and actually did trip once. My mom did say that I had to do my chores and pick up my room before she'll take me. So I'll be about and hour or so when you read this. Bye!

Signed by the best of the best, Marl's

Lastly, I opened the one that I assumed to be from Lily(since she's the only other one I sent a letter to);

Layla,

Ever since we got out from school I have been dying to get a letter from you regarding a sleepover. My sister has been drinking me absolutely mad! I think that if I didn't get out any sooner I would actually kill someone or myself. Because of that I'll probably take you up on that offer to stay for a few days, if that's okay with you and your family. Oh! by the way my parents did say yes if you didn't get that by now. I'm going to pack as soon as I can so I can get away from Petunia. I estimate I'll be around ten minutes away when you receive this by the way.

Lily

After reading all of their letters I rush down stairs and try to find Mom. I find her in the kitchen baking some type of dessert.

"Hey Mom!" I say sliding into a bar stool.

"Hi sweetie. Have you heard from any of your friends yet?"

"I actually came down to tell you. Lily is about ten-ish minutes away. Alice is around 30-ish. And Marl's will get here around an hour or so she said."

"Okay sounds good."

"Do you know what we are having for dinner tonight yet?"

"I think what I'm going to do since there's going to be soo many kids, I'll make a big batch of pizza dough and we'll all create our own mini pizzas. How does that sound!"

"Really good!"

"How's your leg doing?"

"It's still really sore. But it's way better than it was before. I just know for a fact that it's going to leave a awesome scars!"

"You and scars! Im telling you!"

"Hey, their cool. Every single one tells a different battle story!"

"Your right there. Hey, I have a question for you!" Mom says with a grinning face.

I look at her skeptical, "sure shoot away."

"I couldn't help but notice that you and Sirius were getting along this morning. What happened between you two?"

"We talked last night. I decided with the amount of times that he's said sorry and tried to make it up to me it wouldn't hurt to try to be at least friends again."

"Good for you!"

"Yea. I did tell him that if he messes up like he did last time that there would be no more 'us' end of discussion."

"Well I'm glad."

At that moment I heard the doorbell ring and James yell "I'll get it!" from upstairs.

"Oh no, I guess I better go and save Lily from James." I said chuckling and leaving my mom laugh as well. As I stand up and enter the living room I see poor Lily standing there hopelessly talking, stuck with James.

"Lily!" I call to her trying to actually save her.

"Layla!" She pushed passed James and runs over to hug me.

After we both pulled apart from the hug we quickly ran up towards my room. As soon as we got in there, we both started laughing our heads off.

Lily speaks up "thank you, it was either killing my sister at home or staying here with my favorite."

"I just hope that you don't kill someone here!"

"And who would that be?"

"James of course." I notice that she blushes at these words. "Lily?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like my twin brother?"

She just blushes even more, "no?"

"LILY! OH MY GOODNESS! YOU LIKE HIM! YOU LIKE-"

Lily rushes over to me covering my mouth with her hands, "yes I do. But you can't tell ANYONE this, okay?"

I nod.

"If I take my hand off of your mouth do you promise to not scream anymore or talk anything remotely close to it?"

I nod again, so she takes her hand away. Lily goes into the bathroom to wash her hands and go to the bathroom leaving me in my room alone. I feel this cold draft on the back of my neck so I go over to my sweater chest to grab a sweater.

As I start digging through the chest I pull up a familiar one that I didn't even know that I still had. It was the one that I stole from Sirius before his first quidditch game that we were officially dating. I remember him saying that because I was wearing it, it was the reason they one. Later that night we had stayed up playing a whole bunch of muggle board games that Lily brought with her. And before I went to go to bed I remember three words that Sirius said that we never said to each other. It was 'I love you'.

I just hold it. Truth to be told I never really cried when Sirius and I broke up, I didn't even talk about it with anyone except the three girls, my Mom and my Dad. I stare at it wondering if I should give it back to him or not. That's when Lily comes out of the bathroom, and Alice comes in from being leaded by James. I don't even look up, I have teary eyes but I refuse to let them fall.

"Layla?" Alice asked in a concerned voice.

I don't answer, I just look up at the two girls.

"Layla? Are you okay?" Lily then asks me, I know that they can see my watery eyes.

"It was um-uh Sirius' sweater. It was the first one that I ever took. I never gave it back." I hold up the sweater. "I'm going to go give it back to him. I'll be right back".

Even though, from right now Sirius and I were in good terms, I can't help but miss us. I miss talking to him about anything and everything. I miss cuddling him. I miss his endless bear hugs every day. Before class, after class, at breakfast, at lunch, at dinner, all the time. I miss his quick but passionate kisses. I just miss seeing that side of him.

I walk over to his room to see no one in there. Then I hear his voice in James room down the hall. I don't really want to see James there when I give his best friend, my ex-boyfriend back his sweater. So all I do is put it on his bed neatly and walk back into my room. As I do that I wipe away the singular tear that fell down my cold cheeks.