Ch.17: Pure and Utter Confusion

Yn's POV:

After potions I got up and went to my next class which I found out James had that class with me. We walked into the transfiguration classroom and found two seats next to each other.

"Oh I have something to tell you." I told him setting my books down and sitting, James doing the same.

"Oh drama?"

"I mean I guess you can it that." for the next five minutes I told him what happened in Potions. "So then I just told him good."

"Good? Wait what did he say after that?"

"Nothing I just told him that we needed to finish the potion. He just chuckled but...yeah."

"So are you guys getting back together?"

"I don't know."

"But you're still talking."

"Yeah."

"So what does that make you guys?"

"I don't know James. I'm just so confused, and it's only the first day of school." I said slumping in my chair.

After a few seconds of silence James spoke up again, "...what do you want you guys to be?"

I thought about it for a while. "I...I don't know."

Professor McGonagall started taking and soon dismissed us for the day. James and I gathered our things and walked out.

"I'm going to go and find the boys. See you at dinner?" James turned to me.

"Yeah, I'll be in the library. First day back and they give us a million assignments." I chuckled both of us going different directions.

I walked through the hall and to the library. I found myself in the far back of the room, away from everyone and everything.

I did my homework for about an hour and a half unbothered. The next thing I knew books slammed down right in front of me. Startled, I looked up to see the one and only Emily O'Neal.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Don't do that."She said angrily.

"And that is?"

"You know what I mean!"

"No I really don't."

"Sirius is mine!"

"Is he though?"

"How dare you! I don't see what he sees in an ugly whore like you. You're not good enough for him, neither will you ever be. He must really be blind to ever date someone like you. No one likes you Yn. I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself yet. It's not like anyone wants you here."

"And you are?"

"What?"

"You think your good enough for him? He deserves the world, you don't even know a quarter of what he's been through."

"I'd be better for him than you, that's for sure, you filthy blood traitor."

I packed up my books and pushed past her, not being able to handle her for any longer.

"That's right! Run Potter! I'll find you!" She screamed at me.

I pushed past the people that were in the halls deciding to go outside to find the girls.

"Well well well. What do we have here?" Malfoy sneered.

"Shove off."

"Wow, no need to get all defensive."

"I'm not in the mood."

"...what happened to your leg." He licked his lips and crossed his arms.

I looked down seeing that you could see the scars up and down my leg because of my skirt. "None of your business."

"How far do they go up?" He asked.

"What?"

"I wanna see how far up they go."

"You are a disgusting person Malfoy."

I turned to walk away, but my wrist was held by him. "Let me go."

"I asked you something," he said getting closer to my face. "And when I ask for something, I get it."

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"Hey Malfoy, get your hands off of my sister."

"Looks like you were saved by the bell." He whispered into my ear. "I'll find a way to see them, I'll make sure of that."

He let my wrist go and walked the other direction. I stood their staring at the wall disgusted with my body.

"Hey, are good?" Sirius put him hand on my shoulder putting his head in front of mine.

"Yeah." I wiped the tear that fell from my eye quickly.

"You sure!"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I'm gonna go and put my books in my dorm. See you guys later." With that I walked off to the Gryffindor Common Room.

I put down my books and flopped on my bed.

"He Yn." Lily's voice filled the room. Closing the door.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"You okay?"

"...no."

"What's wrong?"

"The problem is that some people are breathing."

"I get that. Who is specific?"

"O'Neal and Malfoy."

"Oh no what did they do now?"

I sat up, "Emily was saying how I don't deserve being with Sirius and how I'm so ugly and how no one likes me. Then Malfoy was trying to get in my skirt." I was playing with my sleeves trying to hold back tears.

"Oh my gosh! That's awful! I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, I can't help but wonder if I deserved it."

"Why would you deserve something like that?"

"I don't know. I mean she's right."

"No she's not. She's far from the truth Yn. Why don't we go and get dinner?"

"I wanna change I'll meet you down there."

"Okay."

Lily's POV:

I went to the common room angry with what Yn just told me. "Hey Lily where you going?" James said getting up from the couch waking over to me.

"I'm going to kill Emily."

"Not that that would be the worst thing, but why?"

"Didn't Yn tell you what Emily told her?"

"Yeah in Orion's."

"Did something happen after that?" Sirius asked from the couch also getting up with the rest of the boys.

"Emily was telling Yn how everyone hates her, and calling her a whore, and ugly, and how she doesn't deserve Sirius." I started tearing up.

James pulled me in a hug, one hand on my back and one in my head.

Sirius poke up and said, "I'm going to go and check on Yn."