Ch.10: The Start of a Plan

Sirius' POV:

What James said to me lingered with me all night long. I didn't sleep at all. I was so worried and questioned what I should do now. Even though it was late at night I decided to owl Remus and ask him.

Dear Moony,

I'm guessing that you have already heard the news. My parents kicked me out of the house. So I've been living with the Potters for now. I think it will probably be something that is permanent until we graduate and move out. I know exactly what you're thinking, yes it's been awkward with seeing Layla all the time. It's actually why I am writing to you. James and I were talking tonight and something that he said hasn't left my mind since. He said "why don't I try to get Layla back?". It's a lot I know, but Yn and I have talked since and I would say that we are on some what good conditions. Anyway the reason that I'm writing to you is mainly for advice. I want to get her back but I don't know how to. You've always helped me out with this type of stuff so I thought that you could help me again.

The best Marauder,
Sirius Black

P. S. Sorry for waking you up so late at night

It was now morning and I saw my owl in its cage sleeping with a letter in my desk. I quickly go over and see if Remus has written me back. As soon as I saw the words 'Sirius Black' I knew that it was him by his handwriting. I eagerly opened it and read.

Dear Sirius,

Your all good, I was still up. I couldn't fall asleep anyway. All I have to say is that all her life she's been stuck in the shadows of her own twin brother. You just simply were the sun uncovering her from that darkness. But I've gotta tell you, you put her back into an even darker shadow than she ever was. And I don't think that she can ever fully forgive you... but I know that she still wants you. She doesn't want to get broken like that again. So in favor for my favorite ship, yes Sirius I will help you get Yn back.

I say that you start with trying to build up that FRIENDship with her. And see where that leads you. If you need anymore amazing advice you know where to find me.

The actual best Marauder,
Remus Lupin

P. S. Oh and by the way I'm the best not you.

I chuckle at the ending. Hope. That's all that I needed and now I have it. I'm getting my girl back.

I grab Remus' letter and walk to James' room and I catch him up with what has happened, "So? Are you in?"

"I mean even though there's not much for me to do, yeah I'm in." James said.

"YES! Thank you thank you!!" I jump up and give James a bro hug.

"Shh... why are you so loud?" I hear a small voice from his door. "I mean it's 8 am for crying out loud." Layla says while walking back to her room. Even when she just woke up she still looked beautiful. I have no clue how she does it. She's never been much of a morning person. Sometimes she's very chippy but she still needs their sleep.

Layla's POV:

I walk back to my room to go back to bed. I think it was only about ten minutes until I Mom yells for breakfast. That's not what woke me up, it was the two boys. They were fighting in who would get to the kitchen first.

I'm at the very edge of my bed that when I hear them shouting I fall off the bed.

"I'm up!" I say.

The girls are awake now and look at me from the bed. I just start laughing. My left leg was in the ground and my right one was still half on. We all were laughing so hard, it came to the point that my ribs started hurting.

That's when Dad walks in and asks, "heh are you guys okay." Even he's laughing a little. He comes over to me and helps me get up to my feet.

"Yeah I'm fine." I'm trying to catch my breath.

"How did you fall off?" Dad asks but soon says "oh" after seeing that all four of us were laying in my bed.

"Yeah, I wouldn't of done it if the two dimwits weren't yelling."

"Language!" Mom calls from all the way from down stairs.

Dad and I look at each other, "I think your Mother has super hearing."

"I wouldn't be surprised."

"I heard that!" Once again it was Mom.

We all just chuckled. "Well I came up here to make sure that you guys would get breakfast too, before the boys eat everything."

"You didn't come to see if your own daughter is okay after falling off her bed?" I say with sarcasm.

"ehhh..." Dad says matching my sarcasm.

We all got downstairs and got our plates filled. Mom is easily the best cook on Earth. She made a big batch of French toast with a strawberry and banana smoothie on the side. Dad had cooked the bacon and egged for everyone.

Once we were all at the table, I spoke up, "do you think that we could go into town today and just walk around?"

Mom and Dad looked at each other, "I don't see a reason that you can't."

"Oh! Can we come???" James questioned.

I looked at the girls to make sure that it was okay before saying, "sure why not. It'll be fun!"

"Do you girls know what time you guys are going to be picked up, or do we need to take you home?" Mom asked taking a sip of her coffee.

"I'll probably just walk home after we are done walking home." Marlene says.

"Yeah, I'll just do that. Our houses aren't too far from each other anyway." Alice says.

Lily speaks up, "I can just call my mom and ask her if she can pick me up at a store down there."

"Okay, well that was easy." Dad says.

When we got done with breakfast us three girls went upstairs and started to get ready. I put on some mascara and lipgloss. For clothing I put on some shorts and an oversized shirt than was a light grey with green lettering that read 'MALIBU'. I just put on some long white socks and my white and brown Nikes. I also put some bracelets on and a necklace, and how could I forget the anklet. My hair was already curly from the day before but they were now much softer curls.

Lily was wearing a flowery skirt and a white shirt. Marlene was wearing a pair of ripped jeans, a cropped top, and a grey flannel. Alice was wearing a light blue dress that was absolutely beautiful on her.

Once we were all done we went downstairs and waited for the boys. Normally it was the other way around but I guess not today. As the boys were coming downstairs the doorbell rang. I got up from the couch and opened the door.

"Remus?!??" I said giving him a hug. "What are you doing her?"

"James called me a little bit ago and said that you were going into town and asked if I wanted to come." He said giving me a hug back.

"Well yay!"I look back behind me and call out, "come on guys my ride is leaving." With that I walk out to my Jeep, hoping that they are following.