Ch.21: Dresses and Dates

Layla's POV:

Classes finally being done for the day I head up to my dormitory to set all my books down from the classes I don't have homework in. The others I would take to the library for homework.

Opening the door, I walk in and close it behind me. Going over to the corner of the room where my bed and trunk was, I see my desk with a vase of Yellow Tulips and a little card.

Setting down my books, I open the card;

𝓨𝓾𝓵𝓮 𝓑𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝔂?

Smiling to myself, I shake my head and turn to my bed. I giggle when I see a stuffed bear. He remembered. Setting the card down, I go to the common room to try to find Sirius.

Walking down the stairs one by one, the couches come into view. Once I reach the floor, I see the black hair that belonged to my wizard. I put my arms around his shoulders giving him a hug.

"Hello love." Sirius chuckles.

"Thank you." I mumble.

"For what?"

"The flowers."

"They're your favorite."

"You remembered."

"Of course I did."

Standing back up, I give him a sweet kiss before heading to the library to work on homework.

3RD Persons POVS:

As a few weeks have passed since the teenagers had decided to gather the upper class men, Lily got many tips and tricks from their Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Every Wednesday, the would meet in the Room of Requirements.

Christmas break was coming up fast. The Yule Ball was coming up even faster. The girls and the boys haven't gotten robes or dresses to wear. Luckily there was a Hogsmead trip this weekend.

Layla's POV:

I don't know how, but all right of us found a way to fit in one singular compartment.

"Where are we going first?" Marlene asked.

"Well, us girls need to get our dresses." Lily said.

"I don't have any robes." James told us.

"Me neither." Remus, Sirius and Peter agreed.

"Why don't we just go to Madame Malkins together? They have robes in the front and then dresses in the back." I suggested.

Every one agreed with that. Once we arrived, all of us poured out on the streets and the eight of us set out for Madame Malkins. The boys stopped in the front of the store as us girls went to the back.

Immediately my eyes roam the clothing racks for any dresses that pop out at me. A while later, Lily found a dark green dress that beautifully contrasted with her red hair. Marlene got a dark blue dress that had sparkles that faded going up. Alice got a very pretty pink dress that flowed whenever she took a step.

I unfortunately did not find a dress yet. The boys got down a while ago and we're just talking to us girls, very bored might I add. "Okay I give up. This is definitely not working out." I said while I stepped out from the dressing room with a black dress that did me no good.

"Oh darling, do you need any help?" Madame Malkin comes around the corner to see a very stressed out me.

"Yes please. I can't seem to find a single dress that looks halfway decent on me." I say.

"Hmm...I got it. I'll be right back. You go to the dressing room and I'll be right there." She shoo's me into the dressing room and closes it behind her.

A minute later she knocks on the door and I let her in. She hold a gorgeous silver, sparkly dress. "I'll be out here if you need anything." She dismissed herself and closed the door behind her.

I quickly stepped into the dress and had Madame Malkin tie it in the back before looking at myself in the mirror. It was spaghetti strapped, with a low cut, before it fanned out into many different layers. "Oh it's beautiful on you darling!" She exclaimed.

"I really like this one." I admit quietly underneath my breath.

"It's lovely on you."

"Thank you."

"Want to show the rest?"

"Yeah." She opened the door and I held the front part of the dress up as I walked. Since I didn't have any heels on, it was a little long on me. The girls immediately stood up and gushed over to me.

"You have to get this one!"

"It's so pretty on you!"

"Ahh! You're so pretty!"

I laughed a little as I twirled around in the big mirror on the wall. Once I stopped I saw Sirius coming around the corner with Remus. He stopped when he saw me and a smile got caught on his face.

Swaying back and forth, the fabric moved with me. "Like it?" I asked.

When he didn't answer, Remus shoved his shoulder. "Beautiful. I-It's beautiful on you." He stumbled out.

"Thank you." I smile like a little kid in a candy store.

"Okay, break it up lovebirds, Layla go get changed so we can pay and get food." Marlene whined.

I giggled as I lifted the front of the dress and went to go change out of it. Madame Malkin took all of our robes and dresses and did something, making them go to our dorms at Hogwarts magically. When we stepped out of the shop, Sirius' hand immediately found mine and the smile on my face became even bigger.

Days like this were perfect. I never wanted to leave today