Ch.6: Explaining

Laylas POV:

I woke up in my bed sprawled out with blankets towered over me and pillows barricading from every corner of my bed. I don't move at all, just sit there. I here my bedroom door open and see James coming in all gleefully and giggly.
He must of just woken up he's still in his pajama pants with no shirt on. Don't do it James- nope too late!

As James jumps on top of me I yelled out a cry of pain, "ow James get off of me!"

"Are you calling me, fat?!" James said pretending to be dramatic.

"No you just on my bad leg!" I try to push him off of me.

He scrambles off of me and lies down next to me, "So."

"So?" Maybe if I fall back asleep he'll leave.

"I heard you and Sirius talking pretty late last night."

"And?" I'm so done with him already today

"You guys weren't yelling or fighting."

"So what?"

"You guys haven't just talked since you, I mean he, you know."

"James I really don't get what your trying to get at." I say rolling away from him.

He plops himself on his elbow facing me, "Are you guys like friends now?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? I feel like it would be pretty clear if your friends or whatever."

"Well I don't okay!" I say laying on my back again. "I just don't want to get too close again and have it end like last time."

"But?" James knew that there was still more reasoning.

"But...I don't want to go back to not even talking to each other I still want to be able to talk to him."

"I get that."

"You do?"

"Yeah! I mean what not a lot of people get is that having a happy medium isn't just with objects or whatever. It's also about finding the right amount of one person you can stand every day without it getting too little or too much."

I turn my head and look over to James, who is now also laying on his back. "Wow, did James Potter actually say something nice and influential for once?" I say pretending to wipe a tear.

"Shut up!" James just pushes my shoulder.

"Ow!"

"Boo-Hoo!"

"Why are you so rude to me? I did nothing to you!" I say jokingly.

"You literally just insulted me!"

Sometimes I wonder what goes instead of that small, small brain of yours "It's called a joke James. Their fun to make you should try it sometimes."

"Okay, if your just going to insult me more and more I'm going to go!" James gets off my bed and walks to the door.

"Finally he's gone." I sigh out, knowing that he can still hear me.

"Oh piss off!"

"JAMES! LANGUAGE!" Mom yells up from what I'm assuming the living room.

"Sorry!"

I let out another sigh and flop my hands on my stomach. I yawn, knowing that I should get up even though I don't want to. Last night had gotten so hot in my room that I just finally decided to sleep in my bra and sweat pants. I forgot this and got up and went down stairs to grab some medicine and water.

"Good morning sweetie!" Dad says from the arm chair reading the Daily Post.

"Good morning Dad!" I say cheerfully

"Good morning Layla!"

I go over to Mom since she's closest and give her a hug from behind while she's sitting across from Dad reading a book, giving her a kiss in her head. "Good morning Mom!"

"How'd you sleep?" Dad asks.

"Good" James walks into the living room with a plate of food "except this knucklehead-" pointing and a clueless James "came into my room and jumped on my bad leg. So I'm off to get some medicine."

"Layla! What have I told you about calling him that!" Mom glares at me.

"Sorry." I turn to now an eating James, "I'm so so sorry me dear brother! I hope you can forgive me!" Every word with sarcasm.

"I kindly appreciate and forgive you because of your very heartfelt apology ." James jokes back.

I'm pretty sure I heard Dad mutter an "oh boy. Kids" while shaking his head.

I continue to the kitchen grab the pills and something to drink it with. I opened the fridge door and grab the orange juice carton. I set it down on the island counter and go to grab the last thing I needed, a cup. Right then, as I'm about to get the cup out of the cupboard I hear a "good morning everyone!" from the living room. Steps are getting closer to the kitchen door when it flings open.

I know that it's nothing special, so I continue to pour me orange juice and swallow the two pills.

"What happened to you." Sirius asked.

"Oh you know, just the daily. Climbed up a very old tree house. Fell. Cut my leg so deep that I had to get stitches in multiple different places. Passed out. And then got jumped on by on my twin brother early in the morning." I say leaning my back towards the island still drinking the orange juice.

"Yep, seems completely crazy to normal sane people, but for you! Ah! now there's no dull moment with you."

"No, no it's not."

We both grab some of the food that was in the counter and headed to where everyone else was. "Hey Mom and Dad?" I ask.

"Yes?" They say at the same time.

"Could I invite like three of my friends to spend the next two days here?"

"Yea of course" Mom says.

"Who would it be?" James speaks up.

"Marlene, Alice and Lily." James and Sirius look at each other and high five down low. James has had this crazy obsession with Lily since like First year. "Okay, well I'm going to go and send them letters since I'm done with breakfast."

With that I head upstairs to my room to send each one of the girls a letter saying that we can have a sleepover and come over here.