Ch.19: Truth

3rd Person POV:

The next week went by smoothly, Yn avoided Emily and Lucius at all cost. It was now dinner and Dumbledore was going to read off the champions to compete in the Twiwizard Tournament.

The two other schools sat wherever they could find. James, Lily, Remus and Marlene sat across from the rest of us. Peter was on my far left, then it was Sirius, me and then Alice to my right.

We were all talking about random stuff when we were cut off from the voice of the Headmaster.

"Today we are gathered for the choosing of the qualifiers for the Triwizard Tournament! One person form each school will be chosen. And a reminder... if chosen you stand alone."

Yn's POV:

My heart pounded. I watched James and Sirius put their names inside the goblet. They were two of the most important people in my life.

"Aimee de Fiox!" The winner from Beauxbatons. "Oliver Reign!" The winner from Drumstrag. "Brooks Lennon!" The winner from Hogwarts. "The best of luck for these three." He finished off his speech.

I sighed in relief, they're safe. "Thank you whoever's up there." I whispered underneath my breath.

"What?" Sirius asked in a hushed tone.

"Oh nothing." I smiled up to him.

He looked at me knowingly. "What's bothering you?"

"Nothing. Quite the opposite."

"I don't understand."

"I know." I smiled at him once more and went to my food and continued throughout the night. I talked with my friends and then eventually we walked up to the common room at different times. Sirius and I were the last ones.

"Do you wanna go up?" Sirius asked me.

"Yeah. I'm tired. Thankfully tomorrow's Saturday. I'm sleeping in." I said getting up and walking out of the Great Hall with Sirius.

"Are you not going to Hogsmead with the rest of us?"

"I don't really want to, I just want to sleep."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry Sir, i just really need a day in bed. Doing nothing. Absolutely nothing."

"It's okay, maybe I can get out of tomorrow and stay behind with you." He looked down at me.

"I would really, really love that." I looked back up at him. We stared into each others eyes, but soon continued our way up the stairs.

We were stuck due to the moving stair so we were waiting for it to come back around. "Hey Yn?" He spoke up.

"Hey Sirius?" We were leaning against the railing, in a side hug with each other.

"What did you say earlier? You know at dinner?"

"I said a lot of things, you're going to have to be more specific." I looked up to meet his face again.

"Like right after Dumbledore announced the champions?"

"Oh that. I just said 'thank you to who ever is up there."

"What?"

"I'm just thankful that James wasn't picked."

"What about me?" He asked sarcastically.

"Ehh." I said matching his energy.

"What if I got chosen? What if I had to compete? What if I died?"