scarlett

I was currently following Benjamin Nott, who was going Merlin knows where. I also didn't know my exact reason as to why I was following him or if I even was going to stop him to think.

I had no endgame, I was peaking through every corner, making sure I was far enough to be unnoticeable but close enough to see where he was headed. I guess the mysteriousness that came with the way he carried himself had gotten me far too curious than I should've been. Maybe I should've been chasing the boy who I slept with last night and not the one who comes from a family of hatred.

I suddenly felt a bad feeling in gut. Guilt.

Like I was being unfaithful for following another person that wasn't James. Like I had committed a dirty crime, feeling ashamed of myself.

As Nott walked down the stairs, which I assumed lead to the Slytherin dorms, I stopped in my steps, shaking my head at what I was doing. What was I doing?

As I was about to turn around and leave, I heard a familiar voice that would've made me cry a a year ago.

"My little bunny" I heard a faint whisper coming from down the stairs. It wasn't just any voice that was calling me, it was my mothers voice coming. "Scarlett, come help mama" The voice now sounded in agony, my heart beating quicker and quicker as I was stuck in my position. I didn't know if I should go down or run off and hide under my sheets, hoping to wake up from this nightmare.

"Scarlett" I jumped and let out a small yelp, turning around to see Thomas, his eyes furrowing in confusion. "A-are you okay? You look pale"

"Y-yeah" I whispered, clearing my throat and looking at the ground. "Sorry, I have to go tommy, lots of homework"

"Nice seeing you?" I heard him say in confusion as I walked away towards the common room.

It still felt like I wasn't breathing right, my chest was tight, I felt sweaty and everything felt foggy. I was just 20 steps away from the common room, when I sat against a brick wall, trying to calm myself down. I felt stupid for crying, I felt stupid for following my gut and following Nott.

"Scarlett?" Remus asked, quickly walking towards me and sitting beside me, putting a hand on my back. "Okay, uhm, shit tell me five things you see"

"W-what?" I said, between my heavy panting, confused at what he was doing.

"Do it, women"

"Uhm, I see the w-wall, you, uh- I-i see the ground, the d-door to the common room and my sh-shoes"

"Four things you hear"

"P-people walking, you're br-breathing, my voice and birds chirping"

"Three things you smell"

"Pastries, alcohol and blueberries" I muttered, feeling my breathing become calmer.

"Two things you can feel"

"Th-the clothes on my body and your knee"

"One thing you taste"

"My saliva"

"See? Much better right?" Remus said with a small smile.

"Yeah" I whispered, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Everything okay?" His voice laced with concern.

"What do you think?" I muttered.

"Stupid question, I know" He sighed, leaning back on the wall.

"Something happened last night" I whispered, thinking that maybe if I told someone then it would be off my mind.

"You took James virginity?"