scarlett

tw- mention of sa its a very small part and kts vague-ill put a warning right before my loves!)

"So" I said, taking a sip of my hot chocolate as we were back in our home. My home. In Queens, New York City.

Three bedrooms, two bathrooms and an attic and a basement. The house had never been this quiet, only the sounds of Wybie snoring beside me and the radiator making a ping noise every few minutes. Even before, when the dust had settled after Mom and Xavier, I had friends over constantly, their parents even staying over. My dad would even stay too and he would stay more than usual too.

"I know we don't have the best relationship-" My dad said, clearing his throat.

"That's a light way to put it" I chuckled, trying to relieve a bit of tension in the air.

It had been a few hours since he had caused a small scene at Hogwarts. I was called to Dumbledores office to see my dad had practically destroyed his office. Papers on the floor, lamps broken, even the chairs were burnt. He demanded me to go home with him and he wasn't taking no for an answer, which Dumbledore had told him before I had gotten there. I guess Dumbledore got the message and decided to let me leave. To be honest, I acted more on emotions and the anger I had from what happened earlier with James so I decided to leave, it felt like perfect timing. I demanded to say goodbye to Marlene and Dorcas before I left. I also couldn't help but feel anxious about the reason for my dads outburst.

"But i'm still your father and I do love you, it's just my childhood wasn't easy-"

"Neither was mine" I quickly said, remembering the moments he was home and he would say vicious things to us, he would even bring random women home and sleep with them on the couch.

"I'm sorry" He said, surprising me, my eyes widening a bit. Tears were welling up in his eyes, but I looked away not wanting him to get to me. "You didn't deserve that, none of it, ever since Xavier went missing i've been wanting to tell you, but then I realize we've never even had a proper fucking conversation - only when there's death surrounding it"

I stayed quiet, fidgeting with my fingers. I felt like I was a little girl again, but I no longer wasn't. I felt like I needed him then and now I felt like what's the point? The damage had been done. I had felt like a self cleaning machine, no need for anyone else. I had grown accustomed to watching over myself.

"I remember the day you were born. The day Xavier was born, too. Your feet looked just like mine" He said, smiling brightly. He hadn't had a drink since we got here. I chuckled with him a bit, my cheeks feeling wet from the tears that were freely falling. "And I thought, Fuck I have another kid to take care of, to provide for, to love and support. I never got that as a kid, orphanage to orphanage, I was happy going to Ilvermorny, I finally had a stable place to call home. It's not your fault, none of what you went through was ever your fault and I failed you then, all I can do now is be better if you let me"

"I don't know what you me to say" I muttered honestly, staring down at the marshmallows floating in my cup. "It's all so sudden"

"it's okay, I know, you don't have to say anything" He said, rubbing his eyes. "So, for the reason we're back here" He said, catching my attention even more. "I'm going to tell you everything."

"Will you answer all my questions?"

"Yes" He nodded. "All you know is that you have some gift and you just know it's a lineage thing, but Scarlett it's more than that. Years and years back these women on earth were living deep in the woods of the Mayan forest. They had the ability to heal animals, to grow plants, and to even move oceans. They had wings too-"

"Like fairies?"

"More like abandoned angels on earth and they were exquisite looking, they were able to enchant men to not go to their hidden areas that no man had ever seen. (TW!!!!!)They caught on little by little and started wearing ear plugs to walk through the forest, they destroyed everything they had built, they had little cities all around that forest and they were destroyed and the women, the things those men did to them, the way they abused all of them and they even cut off their wings. Some managed to escape and other stayed to fight. (TW OVER) The ones who escaped started their own lives, stepping out into humanity. It was hard for them, some became very evil, seducing men and then, you know the rest. The thing is, these creatures weren't discreet, some would get hunted and they would do experiments on them, they found out their blood was the elixir of eternal life, at least some part of it. Word spread, especially in the Wizarding world and they went into hiding, cutting their wings off and continuing their lives as muggles and one of those women happened to be the mother of your mother of their-"