james

We made our way to the three broomsticks. Maybe I should've planned this better. I was just some bloke who was friends with her daughter asking intrusive questions and Scarlett hated him. She never went into depth with me just saying that when he was around, it was somehow worse than when he wasn't.

"Maybe this isn't a good idea" I stopped us as we were were walking through the tunnels. "What am I going to ask him? My dad said to stay away from Scarlett, he'll lose his head if he finds-"

"We'll go for a drink or two and then come back, if he's there then we'll see how it goes"

"What am I going to ask him?"

"About her, their family, I don't know - any information now is better than no information" Padfoot assured. "We can wait one more week until we're home, but you're a bit of an impatient prick sometimes"

"Thanks" I scoffed, looking ahead. "Okay"

"Let's hope he's a few drinks in when we see him" He chuckled as we continued walking. "The trick is to act like you already know everything"

"Its 10 AM"

"Scarlett didn't tell you he's a drunk?"

"You know her, always speaking in riddles" I said about to climb the ladder. "Wait, what do you know?"

"Not much, just that her dad was a mean drunk towards them, but that he always gave her false hope" He said, furrowing his brother. "She never told you?"

"Never, only that he was a twat sometimes and when I met him he was pissed, I just thought-" I muttered, cutting myself off because I just assumed he was a fun drunk, that would just make me sound like an arse now. "How did you even start talking about that?"

"Told her a bit about my shit" He sighed. "Don't worry mate she was probably just wanting to relate to me"

"Yeah" I nodded, unsure how to feel about that. Did she think I wouldn't understand?

I pushed those thoughts out and went up the ladder to reach the three broomsticks. Once we were in, I took a few deep breaths before I could actually open the door.

The place was almost empty, maybe a handful of people were having drinks alone. We went up to the bar to see Rosmerta cleaning some glasses.

"It's school hours, shouldn't you be someone else's headache?" She said, once she saw us.

"Looking gorgeous as ever" Sirius smiled at her, as we say on the chairs.

"What do you want?" She asked, looking at both of us suspiciously.

"Is Scarletts dad still here?" I quietly asked her.

"Place wouldn't be up if it weren't for him" She chuckled. "He just went up to stairs, said he needed to take a shit"

"Didn't need to know that" I said, looking at her like a mad women.

"Neither did I, but he told me and you're asking" She argued back. "Why are you looking for him? His daughter okay?"

"She's fine" Sirius responded, grabbing a drink from over the bar.

"You paying for that?"

"When have I left without paying?"

"Last week you rich prick!" She exclaimed.

"I said put it on my tab!"

"Hey Rosmerta, nother beer when you can?" A deep voice said from behind us, making us quickly turn around. "Ha! You're my daughter's friend"

"Yes sir, James Potter" I said, quickly standing up and shaking his hand. "This is my friend Sirius Black"

"A Black hanging out with a blood traitor - i've officially seen everything" He chuckled, shaking Sirius hand.