scarlett

Two weeks of Marlene ignoring me like I killed her cat. She was giving me the silent treatment and for what? She had insulted me.

I had an array of emotions going through me about the situation. I didn't want to speak to her first, I knew that would make it too easy for her. If I really wanted her to be my friend, I should just talk to her, but it felt wrong. It felt like it wasn't my part to do that. Maybe I had misjudged a situation, but she blew it to the extent of a fight where she said things that felt like she was holding back.

I was lonely without them. Dorcas was obviously siding with Marlene, they had time on their side. Marlene knew Dorcas and Dorcas knew Marlene in a way that I will possibly never know. Dorcas did give me the occasional saddened look, but it didn't mean much ifbshe never spoke to me or showed me some type of empathy besides a look that I was used to getting. I felt dumb for trusting them so quickly.

"I thought you'd never show up" Remus said, as I sat next to him on the roof of the Gryffindor tower.

"Me ditching you?" I scoffed, grabbing the cigarette from his hand and grabbing the extra blanket he brought, quickly wrapping it around me.

"Marlene asked about your well-being in Potions today"

"We sleep five feet away from each other and she can't ask me" I scoffed.

"Shes stubborn" He only muttered. "Just talk to her"

"Be fucking for real"

"Just a suggestion" He said, nudging me.

"She said hurtful things to me" I muttered, running a hand through my hair.

"At least you have us"

"Because you four can relate to the troubles of a 15 year old girl living in our generation?"

"I'm a closeted gay werewolf in love with my best friend - is that close enough?"

"Why do you think you're the only one here?"

"Because your lover had to go to slug club"

"Sounds so gross - he can't call it something else?"

"He's all about dramatics" Remus chuckled, handing me the cigarette.

"Aren't we all?"

"James fancies you" He said, making my heart skip a beat.

James James James. I couldn't help but smile when he's mentioned or even when I think about him. I felt like I was back in middle school thinking about how cute Daniel Cruz looked in a white shirt.

I wanted to be around James, he was a bit addicting which worried me, hoping that I don't overwhelm myself and burnout. He was a true gentleman, tying my tie before we get to class, opening doors for me, always saving me a seat. One day he even tied my hair for me while I was eating my soup. Those actions made me melt.

I wasn't used to this type of affection. I felt like I had done nothing to receive it, besides kissing him. I tried making it up to him in small ways to like fixing his hair when he didn't have a mirror or grabbing a snack for him for potions.

Sometimes he did feel like forbidden fruit. Thomas had informed me that Amos and Lily were officially broken up. She had suddenly become one of his friends and he allowed it. She offered to tutor him and he excitedly accepted. She would often make him sit with her during most classes, going to the extent of even writing his notes. I never protested or brought it up because I was also just a friend. I wasn't jealous or anything, but the thought of seeing him with Lily did make my stomach turn.