5: Back to him

5 years passed since Visenya left her home to go to Dragonstone

5 years since she last saw Aemond.

And they weren't kids anymore. Both Jacaerys and Visenya were old enough to marry now.

The truth was that she couldn't deny that they treated her the best there. Jace grew up to be a true gentleman. They both became really close. Best friends.

Or, at least, that's what she used to convince herself that what she was doing was the right thing. It wouldn't be such an awful thing to wed your best friend, right?

She told herself every day that it was alright. Yet, she found herself more than often thinking about him.

The way he must look now. How his voice may had changed.

Would he still have his freckles?

Would he still laugh on the most inappropriate times?

Would he still look at her the same way he used to?

It frustrated her to think those things. To not be able to give her fully self to Jace, because he deserved it.

He deserved the world, but Visenya couldn't give it to him. She tried. She was trying. But it didn't made her feel like her.

When she left, she thought it wouldn't change her. She was told so many times that she had to do great things by the people that she loved that she believed them. Because what would the people that care about you want for you if not the best of the best?

And she knew that the person who could give her the best of the best was Jace, a future King.

But she felt hollow.

She had a huge void on her heart but smiled to pretend that everything was okay.

And now she was terrified. Both Rhaenyra and Visenya were going back to King's Landing for a few days to visit her father.

She was going back to him.

And it scared her that the pretty and fake life that she built at Dragonstone would crumble to the ground.

...

Visenya loved to feel the breeze softly hitting her face as she mounted Rhaelor. Rhaenyra decided to go on a ship with Daemon so she was flying alone.

The first thing she noticed when they flew again above King's Landing was change of the weather.

Dragonstone was cold and dark, meanwhile King's Landing was warmer.

She felt like throwing up from the nerves the moment Rhaelor landed his feet on the ground, but she swallowed all of it down as she stood down from the dragon. The princess frowned as she saw three dragon keepers getting closer them, with their spears up.

"That won't be needed." She spoke up. "Rhaelor won't stay on the Dragon Pit."

"All dragons must be kept there." The one that appeared to be the youngest replied with confidence.

"Not mine. Orders of the King himself." She petted Rhaelor's head, who looked at the 3 men ready to attack if ordered. "You can try to chain him, but don't complain when he burns you alive on your attempt."

"It's alright. Rhaelor is well trained. He can go with Vaghar. You may leave now." A voice spoke behind her and she froze.

His voice had changed but she'd recognized it anywhere. It was funny that she had not heard his voice in years, but her heart had conversations with him everyday as they used to.

The 3 men left and her sickness feeling came back again, knowing that there was no scape now.

"5 years and you can't even look at my face?" He talked again and with every bit of strength inside her body she turned to face him.

But she wished she didn't have.

He was wearing a patch to cover his damaged eye. But he looked good.

Damn, he looked good.

But his eye was piercing through her like ice. His gaze didn't warm up when their eyes connected as it used to. It stood serious and cold.

She really fucked it up.

"Aemond." Visenya said not really sure of what to do. Probably if she hugged him he'd punch her.

He was angry and she knew it.

But yet, he was the first one to meet her. And he did not manage too well to hide the soft sight that escaped his lips when he heard Visenya saying his name after all this time.

Visenya got closer to him and he felt a weird tickling on his stomach. Aemond groaned quietly hating the feeling he spent 5 years without.

He hated himself in that very moment for not being able to stay completely mad.

She still made him feel... She made him feel. And he didn't want that. He wanted it to stop. In that very moment. But having Visenya looking straight at his face as if he was the most thrilling thing she had seen in ages wasn't helping at all.

"What are you looking at?" He tried to sound rough, but his gaze finally softened when she smiled.

"You lost your freckles." She softly pointed stretching her hand to caress his cheeks.

When he felt her fingers, he flinched; he had not been touched with such gentleness since his childhood. He was no stranger to women and had felt their hands on all parts of his body, but her touch made him feel like he belonged to some place.

"Stop." Aemond said abruptly as he took a step back.

He reminded himself that he was mad at her.

She left him.

Visenya wasn't surprised by his action. She knew what she had to expect. She knew she hurt him and for that she must pay the price.

"They are waiting for you." He said before walking away, without even waiting for her to keep his pace up.

...

Bold and cursive is High Valyrian :)