11: Motherly

After Aemond broke the kiss he just stared at her face cupped on his hands

After Aemond broke the kiss he just stared at her face cupped on his hands. He told himself that those were the moments he will remember. He will memorize the curves and arches of her face. He could never let go of something so simply beautiful as the world around them got ugly and began to tarnish them. 

He refused to.

And if they tried to take her away from him, he'd rip the world apart with his bare hands. And for some reason, that didn't terrify him.

At the end of the day, no one will understand your bond with someone but you and them.

"You should go." Visenya whispered breaking the silence. 

"Go here?" His mouth was then on her shoulder. "Or here?" It moved up to her neck, sending shivers down her spine.

"Aemond." The girl sighed and with a heavy heart put some distance between them. "I mean it, Luke is going to come any minute. I told him I'd take him out for a ride."

"Mmm." He hummed and clicked his tongue with disappointment and annoyance. "I don't know why you love that kid."

"That kid is your family." She clarified giving him a warning look.

"He is not." He denied

"Well, then he is mine." Her voice covered in frustration at his stubbornness." And I am to marry you, so can you at least try to be nice?"

"He's still breathing. That is me being nice, Visenya."

The Princess sighed in surrender and grabbed his hands as she made him look at her. Everything was tangled when he acted like that: she hated him and she loved him. He was noble and he was ruthless. He was brave and weak.

"You will be the ruin of me, won't you?"

"Yes." He simply answered and his eyes darkened a little. "Does that scare you?"

"I don't know yet." She confessed and then gave him a little smile. "But it's us against the world now, right?"

...

"I'm sorry I'm late." Visenya apologised as she approached Luke and Arrax, both waiting for her in the stairs that led to the Dragon Pit.

"It's okay." The boy murmured distracted. 

"Are you well?" She asked concerned in a motherly way noticing something off on her nephew.

The Velaryon boy stared at his aunt, doubting if he should tell her about his concerns. But he knew that if there was anyone who would give him an honest advice, it would be her. Visenya was like a sister and a mother, both at the same time.

"My grandsire, Lord Corlys, is at war. He's been at war for the past 5 years and I'm afraid of what will happen if he dies."

"You're afraid of becoming the Lord of Driftmark?" She furrowed her eyebrows together and gave him a soft smile.