16: A nice family supper

"My grandsire is not pleased with your actions, Visenya" Aemond said as he entered their chambers

"My grandsire is not pleased with your actions, Visenya" Aemond said as he entered their chambers. His wife was playing with Aemma as she gave him a look he could not entirely read.

"I couldn't care any less about what Otto Hightower thinks of me." She got up with the baby on her arms.

"I don't think you understand." The prince screeched angrily. "Do you have a death wish?" Visenya noticed the worry behind the anger on his look. A few of his hairs were caught in his right eyelashes, but he failed to noticed them. "You could've died. They would have killed you if you weren't surrounded by people who love you. My grandsire wouldn't have think it twice before arresting you. You have no idea of what I felt when all those guards pointed their swords at you."

"I would like to see them trying." She realised her answer only made him uneasier. The girl sighed approaching him and then caressed his face with her free hand, the other holding Aemma, who was staring at both of her parents with her big eyes. "I don't..."

"Stop." He cut her off closing his eye. "Just stop." His anger was gone. He took a deep, shuddering breath and Visenya's heart twinged as she saw how worried he was about her. She slowly pressed her forehead against his.

"I'm okay." She swallowed. "It's okay. But, I want you to understand that I can defend myself, Aemond."

"Obviously, you can. You left it clear as water when you cut that man's head in two."

"Maybe it was a little dramatic." 

"I would have cut his balls right in front of everyone after what he said about you if you wouldn't have gone first." He cleared making her smile and Aemma threw a tantrum, wanting some attention. Aemond chuckled as he took her from her mother's arms. "She is a little dramatic too, as her mother."

"I will not hesitate to strangle you if you keep teasing."

"I doubt you can even reach my neck, my lovely wife."

"Son of a..." She started as he ran away from her, Aemma chuckling on his arms when the door opened and a maiden entered.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Princess, but supper is ready."

"Okay, we'll be there in a minute." Visenya smiled kindly and nodded at Aemond, who gave her daughter to the maiden to put her to sleep.

He began to walk toward the door but was intercepted by his wife's hand around his wrist.

"I know this is a lot to ask." Aemond sighed knowing what she was going to say. "And I also know that I am in no position to ask this of you after the scene I made. But will you try to behave?" He seemed hesitant as she softly smiled at him. "If not for me, for the sake of you children?"

"Children?" He frowned confused. "We only have...Oh." His eye opened in realisation. "You...?"

"Yes." She nodded as her smiled became wider. Her husband smiled hugging her and the chamber filled with laughter.