13: Aemma Targaryen

A month later, Rhaenyra and her family went back to Dragonstone, only this time, Visenya wasn't coming with them

"Promise me you will be with me when my child comes, sister." Visenya asked as she passed her hands through her belly. "I don't think I can do it without you."

"You have my word, Vis." The older smiled as she pressed her lips on her little sister's forehead as farewell.

"Next time we see each other you will be a mother." Daemon interrupted with a small grin and hugged her. "You will make a good one, dear."

"I hope you won't miss me too much, uncle." The girl teased.

"I surely won't miss your dangerous flying around my kids." They laughed at his remark. "Are you sure you want to stay here with this people?" He whispered with a gaze half joking half serious.

"I am." She assured with a smile and Daemon nodded in acceptance taking a step back. Jace and Luke stood in front of her and she sighed, not sure of how to say her goodbyes to someone he was supposed to wed two months back. "I am sorry for all the trouble I might have caused you, Jace." Visenya apologised sincerely. "I truly wish the best for you and please train more your Valyrian. You will need it when you become King."

"You think I will be a good king?" He stared at her with puppy eyes.

"Just as good a king as Luke will be a good lord of Driftmark." She softly smiled at the two boys. "You two are good boys and will be greater men. Of that I'm sure."

Jace smiled nodding and Luke simply hugged her tightly. "I am going to miss you so much." The little boy whispered. "Dragonstone won't be the same without you."

"It better not be." She joked giggling. "I will miss you too, sweet boy. And remember." The Princess whispered to his ear. "You are good enough."

The boys eyes filled with hope as he heard Visenya, who he admired the most, say exactly what he needed to hear.

"And as for the two of you." Visenya turned to face small Aegon and Joffrey and started to tickled them. Their laughters mixed with the rests. "Don't grow too much out there. Just stay small and cute forever, please."

"But I want to be a man like father." Joffrey pointed with a pout on his lips.

"And you will." She said with a proud smile and stepped back to have a better look of her family. A wave of sadness flooded her heart. "Farewell, my beloved family. I will think of you everyday."

"Keep and eye on him." Rhaenyra told her and she didn't need to say it for Visenya to know she was referring to their father.

"Always."

And with that, Rhaenyra Targaryen and her family left Visenya with a promise to come back.

And they did come back at some point.