7: I loved you once

The One-eyed drew his sword ready to train with Criston and before the knight noticed, the Prince sent his first attack

After the incident with Visenya, he dedicated his hours to absolutely ignore her for days and train.

Truth was that Aemond never had a chance to be soft.  He was always bloody knuckles and shards of glass. He wanted people to be afraid of hurting him.

When he was younger he thought he would never end up that way. Totally losing it for Visenya. She made him feel hate, desire, anger, lust, and something even more dangerous: love.

He had a violent, uncontrolled temper, which sent him literally insane when he was annoyed. He knew he wasn't a good person, but for her Aemond would have become a saint.

He admired her his whole childhood and it was no secret to anyone. Visenya was spontaneous, brave and daring and he wished as a kid he could have been more like that. 

And then she abandoned him in a place with people that never felt like home. He spent 5 years with no one other than Vaghar. And he would say he didn't care. That he didn't miss her. That after all those years, having her back meant nothing. 

But, still, he couldn't breathe whenever she was around.

He thought that he could let her go and hate her for abandoning him but he couldn't. Visenya made it difficult for him. And that was his ruin.

Strange, isn't it?

How you can be desperately in love with someone even when you haven't spoken to or even seen in years. It's incredible how despite the damage and distance between two people, you'll never stop loving them. That's just how love works, you either love them forever or you never loved them to begin with. Love doesn't leave just because the person does.

It made him angry to think that. Because Visenya should have loved him the way he loved her. She should have cared. She should have ached like how he did when they said their goodbyes. 

Aemond was so lost on his thoughts he forgot where he was, receiving a blow from Criston that almost sent him to the ground.

"Fuck!" He groaned touching his now swollen cheek.

"I'm sorry, my Prince."

"It's okay." He played down and gave him a look. "I'm done for the day"

...

Aemond walked through the halls to his chambers to put some cold cloth to put on his cheek and clean all the blood.

"Aemond, wait!." He heard a soft voice. Her voice

The Prince didn't stop, he sped his pace up without saying a word. But, in the blink of an eye, she little woman was standing right in front of him. He had to look down a little bit to meet her eyes and when he did, he groaned.