6: You chose him

The Princess followed her brother through the halls of the Red Keep

The Princess followed her brother through the halls of the Red Keep. Everything seemed different but at the same time it was the same. She saw new faces but they all greeted them as both royals walked pass them. 

Aemond didn't speak to her in the whole journey from the Dragon Pit. He didn't even look at her. 

"Are you just going to ignore me until I die from boredom?" Visenya asked and he suddenly stopped in front of a wooden door.

"It's here." He simply said and the girl rolled her eyes. 

"Great. You are mad. You have already made the point." She said with frustration as she entered the room.

"Vis!" Helaena exclaimed with the excitement of a child before running to hug her tight. "I have missed you so much. Thank the Gods you are here, Aemond has been really grumpy."

The mentioned looked sternly at the youngest princess for exposing him like that, even though they all knew she didn't do it to hurt anyone.

"I'm so happy you haven't lost your sweetness, Helaena." The older smiled ignoring for the greater good the last thing her sister said.

"How is it that you flew here and still managed to arrive later than we did?" Daemon interrupted them with a smirk on his face.

"Rhaelor wanted to stop in a field." She quickly lied. The truth was that she spent almost an hour and a half flying in circles around King's Landing, trying to delay as much as she could the reencounter.

"Sure." He said in a way that left the princess very clear that he didn't believe a word she said.

"Leave her be, husband." Rhaenyra defended her sister and softly smiled at her.

Visenya smiled as well before turning to the only person in the room whom she didn't greet yet.

"Aegon." She spoke as she observed him.

He had big black bags under his eyes, like if he didn't sleep in the whole 5 years they didn't see each other. He smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. He looked tired.

Visenya had always felt sorry for him in a way she couldn't really explain. She though of her brother as someone who was just born to fight. Not that he was born brave or strong. Just that the universe decided he'd have to face trial after trial and be broken and damaged in countless ways. Maybe he didn't have the life he would have chosen. Maybe he'd love to just stop trying. But the life he had was all he knew. All he could do.

The worst part was that it was his own family who did that to him.

"Sister." He nodded. "I hope Aemond could give you a warm welcome."

And then Visenya stopped feeling sorry for him. She rolled her eyes again at her brother's teasing making him chuckle a little. 

Aegon always loved teasing Visenya about Aemond. And for the 5 years he didn't see her, he bothered Aemond.