14: Support

"Aemond, are you with Aemma? She was supposed to be

"Aemond, are you with Aemma? She was supposed to be..." Visenya shut up as she entered their chambers and contemplated the most bizarre yet sweet scene. "What have you done?"  She  giggled as her daughter pointed at a very grumpy Aemond with a messy sort of braid. He looked like he was about to loose his patiente.

"Don't you dare say anything." Aemond hissed looking at his wife.

"Did you braid your father's hair?" The woman knelt down to be at the now 2 years old girl who nodded proudly of her work. "I think he should keep it all day."

"There is no way in the Seven..." His voice slowly faded away as he saw Aemma's disappointed look.

"What were you saying?" Visenya teased. 

"I hate you." He whispered so only she could hear it.

"No, you don't." The Princess smiled widely and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "Now, we have to take this young lady with the Septa before the woman goes mad looking for you." She went to take her but the toddler hid behind her father.

"I don't want to..." She spoke with a fake sad tone.

"That might work with your father, lady. But not with me. Come on." Aemma gave up and raised her arms so her mother could hold her. "You are such a troublemaker." Visenya smiled starting to tickle her which resulted on laughter filling the room. The Septa was already waiting by the door so when the Princess put Aemma down, they both left, leaving Aemond and Visenya alone.

She turned to face her husband again and laughed at his serious expression.

"You haven't even seen it yet." The woman said as she took a hand mirror and gave it to him so he could see himself.

"Oh for the Gods. What in the Gods' name has she done to my hair? I don't even...look at me!" He said directing his gaze from the mirror to Visenya and then the mirror again to inspect himself once more. "Seven Hells, I look like a I just had the wildest night of my life."

"You look fine. You'll blend in perfectly with Aegon's drunk look."

"I'm pretty sure that my own mother would not recognise me." He sighed sitting on the chair.

"You exaggerate." She smiled approaching him from behind. "Don't worry, I'm gonna fix it."

"But the little monster will get sad. Or worse, mad at me." He muttered frowning.

"Are you afraid of a two years old?"

"Yes. " He said as if it was obvious. "And I don't find any shame on it."

"All mighty Aemond." Visenya mocked with sarcasm. "I think you will survive, love."

"Fine, but I'm blaming you if she gets angry."

"If that will help you sleep at night." She answered as she started to fix his hair.

Visenya brushed Aemond's hair softly, both in a comfortable silence, but their minds in the same thing.