procrastination • k.th

i honestly don't know about this one? hope y'all enjoy this tho..
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

holding your face in your hands, you roughly squeezed at the smooth skin furiously.

you huffed through your palms, peering through them. releasing a shaky breath along with a groan as your eyes focused on the bright screen in front of you.

your eyes welled and your nose began to burn forcing your face to scrunch.

you had been doing makeup work for the past two and a half hours. the grading period was approaching which meant it was time to stop procrastinating and actually do the work.

you'd make up a whole plan of what you were going to do when you got home. calculating how much time you would spend on it, along with enough time to relax as well.

you walked through the door after classes with high spirits. tossing your bag to the floor, not before retrieving your laptop.

a bottle of water as well as cheese, crackers and a few different varieties of fruits were laid out on your desk on a black and white plate, decorated in a polka dot pattern.

before settling down you reached over, holding your index finger against the power on button to your bluetooth speaker.

"power on!" it spoke it is monotonous-robotic voice.

small chimes resonated from its speakers as it searched for a device to connect to.

"bluetooth paired!"

finally, after spending a few minutes searching for music, you were startled by how loud it was set causing you to lower the volume. humming to the tune while slumping into the cushions of your task chair.

your fingers grazed against the cool aluminum top to your laptop. digging your fingers through the grooves.

while the electronic notebook booted up, you were checking the time. seeing as it was now four thirty-eight.

"ok... if i start now i'm sure i'll be done by six. yea that sounds about right".

a smile pulled on your lips at the thought. clicking the power off button to your phone and flipping it over to its front as to not distract you any further.

everything seemed to be going good. you were flying through your assignments, typing away at your keyboard like you were in some trance nothing could break you out of.

your phone could be hear ringing, as well as vibrating against the wooden desk alarming you of it unwanted presence at the moment.

trying to ignore the constant buzzing that sounded through the silent room. vibrating against the table like a fly buzzing around your ear.

you huffed throwing your phone onto your bed not bothering to check who it was.

you were now onto the subject of african-american literature. your teacher had posted an assignment about representation in the black community and how there weren't many television shows that portrayed that for black people.

you were to write an essay about a time you felt properly represented in a movie or television show, and if not write a short essay as to why.

as droopy eyes scanned the description a scowl formed on your face

"the fuck does he mean an essay?".

your hands found their way back to your face. you squeezed at the bridge of your nose and massaged your temples.