late night troubles (rewrite) • m.yg

[lowercase intended]

an exasperated sigh forced its way from your throat, fists lazily hitting your firm mattress, while your legs were kicked from underneath you dramatically. your eyes bleakly stared at the rays on the smooth ceiling above. the moonlight seeping through your sheer curtains across the room.

it's been hours since you'd tried to settle in for the night. you'd tried to go to sleep early, finding yourself beneath the covers at 9:30. tiktok and instagram reels had gotten old fairly quick, but you were hopeful when you searched through your 'asmr' playlist on youtube. you were all out of options if this didn't help.

....and it didn't.

hesitantly you pulled your eyes from the ceiling to find the digital clock on your beside table, squinting when your eyes found the vibrant red numbers on your digital clock.

'2:45... fuckkk' you thought.

your sweaty hands had scrubbed down your face and you sighed once again. you had to get up for work in a few hours, even though you worked from home, you always woke up early to get things done. you liked routine and order, and this was going to push everything back.

before you could change your mind you snatched your warm phone from the charger. rolling your eyes when the asmr role play was still being enacted on the screen.

'fuck it.. might as well'

your eyes felt heavy as you rose from the bed. you'd slipped on a pair of extremely baggy sweats with a long sleeve layered underneath a matching sweater. you looked 'homeless', or that's what your mother would say if she saw you, but that was the farthest from your mind right now.

slipping into your fuzzy lined birkenstocks, you reached for your keys on the hook. carelessly throwing on a beanie before you left.

⭒☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆⭒

a chime rung overhead as you entered the shop. bright fluorescent lights and aisles of shelving.

you exhaled into your palms, eyebrows furrowed and shoulders raised to your ears. "'s cold as a bitch!", you muttered to yourself and you frantically rubbed your palms together.

your eyes flittered to the front counter where you found the clerk already looking your way from behind the plexiglass, phone in hand and a few snacks idle nearby.

the corners of your lips slightly raised before you turned your attention to the aisles. not giving the man a chance to return the gesture.

if you were being honest he was fine as hell. you weren't so discreet when peeking at him from across the way store eyes flickering elsewhere whenever he looked in you direction.

his hair was a dark jet-black, cascading in loose waves forming a mullet down his neck. his catlike eyes raking across your appearance as you strolled from aisle to aisle stuffing your handheld basket with anything that piqued interest. and don't even get you started on those lips. plump and pouty.. kissable even.

occasionally you'd look up and catch his eyes. only to curl into yourself and give him the same thin smile from earlier. ducking farther into the shelves hiding your face.

when you finally found the courage to look up at the counter, you were a little disappointed to find he wasn't looking at you this time. his wrist twirling with a pen in his grasp.

⭒☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆⭒

he hadn't noticed you walking his way. too engrossed into his phone until a black shopping basket made contact with the counter.

it took him no time to scan your items through the glass.

"your totals $15.64" a smooth voice sounded across from you. it was soothing... like being wrapped in a warm blanket on a rainy evening, with a steaming cup of-.

you hurried and snapped from your thoughts, searching your pockets for your money.

slipping the few wrinkled bills through the slit in the counter, you looked up with and apologetic smile only to catch him staring even as he reached for the money. a lopsided grin across his pink lips when you shy away from his stare once again.

"you have pretty eyes". he said while rustling through the cash register.

"$4.36 is your change"

"i im sorry?" your eyebrows are furrowed and mouth slightly agape wondering if you heard him correctly.

"$4.36 is yo-"
"no.. before that" you hesitantly interrupted.

"oh.. said you have very pretty eyes". he continued to stare before pushing you change through the hole.

your eyelashes fluttered, avoiding his eye contact while you nervously reached for your change.

"o oh thanks.... could say the same about you". you awkwardly said through a shaky laugh.

he smirked again, an airy chuckle releasing as well. you were starting to get the impression that smirking was his 'thing'.

your eyes casted to the metal name plate pinned to the outside of his white collared shirt.

"right... well thanks again–" "yoongi" a genuine smile across your face, eyes thinning as your cheeks raised.

"not a problem gorgeous.. have a nice rest of your day, merry christmas"

"merry chirstmas". you replied, items in hand, and once again you were onto the cold streets with warm cheeks.

hoping you'd get some sleep after this

⭒☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆⭒

bonus scene:
the front door slammed and you took the opportunity to sigh into the air. you were instantly engulfed in warmth.

you silently thanked yourself for leaving the heater running before you left.

keys thrown onto the hook and slippers discarded at the entrance. you tiredly walked to your island where you sprawled your snacked across.

before getting comfortable you decided to discard any unwanted clothing, reaching into your hoodie pocket for your left over money before you toss it in the hamper.

only to find a thin sheet folded along with it. eyebrows furrowed once again wondering where it could have come from. you unravels it, and you cursed yourself, when your eyes skimmed the paper.

'try to be more discreet next time, gorgeous.' with his number written below.

"..fuck"

⭒☆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☆⭒

a/n: just randomly decided to rewrite this, havens written anything in a while but hey 🤷🏾‍♀️

a/n: just randomly decided to rewrite this, havens written anything in a while but hey 🤷🏾‍♀️.... anyways merry christmas !