Bodyguard

A couple of weeks later, I end up helping a young mafia boss who turns up at the bar. He's a handsome, dominant man and he's used to have his own way so, when he tries to convince me to become his bodyguard, I give him a false name because I really don't like the idea of working as a mafia henchman.

He doesn't give up easily and in the end, I can't refuse when my little brother's future is at stake. I would do anything to protect Porchay.

Training with the rest of the bodyguards is hard, because I don't like people ordering me around and they do it all the time, but also fun, and anyone would be in awe of the wealth of the house.

My new boss Kinn has an intensity that reminds me of the man in a green shirt that I saw with his lover at the bar. He's also somehow making me aware of his sexual encounters. The other night I had to drive home one of his lovers, a cute young lad.

Sometimes I think he is interested in me, I've intercepted a couple of looks that made me feel like he was undressing me. But most of the time he's acting like an asshole and I don't think he's really into me.

***

Today it's a special day, the house is hosting a meeting of all the branches, that means the minor family, another bunch of  relatives who are connected but subordinate to the main family, are coming to see the big boss.

To remind us we're nothing else but servants, in case we forgot, they make us stand by the door to receive their cars. I'm a bit pissed off about it, but soon got distracted by the people coming in.

First is Kun, the patriarch of the minor family, a muscled middle age man, quite good looking, with a stern profile. He has a don't mess with me aura.

The next one arriving makes my heart jump. I could recognise him anywhere. The man who came to the bar with his lover and face fucked him in front of me. Who also watched me with Tess and made all my hairs stand up with his lusty gaze.

He's wearing a leather jacket today, his air also cold, playing the tough card, I guess. When he raises his head getting out of the car and his eyes meet mine there is a flash of appreciation but they soon go back to their initial coldness.

My eyes are glued to him while he walks in front of me, flashing a one-second smile in my direction. I can't say if it's him acknowledging me, it's too short and too vague. 

But he must remember, I say to myself. It shouldn't be so easy to forget. My heart is beating wildly, I don't understand very well why. It takes some time to slow down.

What will I say if we meet? Long time no see? Or perhaps I should make it look like I don't remember him? Saying something like "your secret is safe with me"?

I'm absent-minded and grumpy when I meet a young lad in the garden, by the koi pond and end up getting in big trouble.