ɴᴜᴍᴇʀᴏ ᴄᴀᴛᴏʀᴄᴇ

Keisha lorell Harden 3rd pov

3rd pov

October 20.2022

Keisha laid in her bunk wrapped up in her blankets after throwing up again. This was her third day in rehab which was three days without any drugs...the longest she went without drugs was a couple of hours.

Although they gave her two blankets she was still shaking from being cold. The withdrawals were fading away slowly and she waited desperately for them to pass completely.

"Here you go this should somewhat help with what your going through right now at least give you some nutrients"

Keisha turnt around to see the girl handing her a bowl of fruit. They had been trying to get her to eat but she kept refusing.

"Look just eat something you haven't ate since they brought you in this room at least take the fruit bowl"

Keisha grabbed the fruit bowl slowly forcing her self to sit up in order to not choke while laying down.

"Your welcome trust me I know what your going through but you'll get through it they don't last long"

Keisha ate the fruit slowly, something cold and sweet hitting her tongue was refreshing. Watermelon and pineapple were her favorite fruit so she ate all of those before she ate the cantaloupe and strawberries.

"What's your name you know you are so pretty and you look so young"

Oh lord we got a rambler keisha thought to herself . "Keisha and Thankyou so are you what's your name "

She didn't notice how much she was enjoying the fruit until she went to grab a fruit and noticed the bowl was empty.

"Kelly and Thankyou but if you want more I got like five bowls in my fridge it's really my favorite snack in this facility "

"I'm okay Thankyou" kelly didn't believe that "girl if you want some more feel free to take it"

"Y'all get phone calls and stuff in here or how does commutation work in here "

"You get three phone calls a day when they told me they had to take my phone I lost it you would think I had an addiction to it"

Keisha shook her head sadly because who was she going to call anyway ? Hakeem made it clear only time he wanted to communicate was for a serious matter.

"Are you joining our sister circle today?"

I could literally throw a shoe at this girl right about now

"If I feel better I will definitely try to join the sister circle today"

"And what do you consider as feeling better"

Yup that'll do it for me !!! I gots to get up outta here

"What ? you like the director or some you tied of me being absent cause if so y'all could've drug me to the sister circle "

"Now why would I drag you when you having withdrawals "

Keisha couldn't hold it in any longer she let out the loudest laugh ever. For a moment an ounce of sadness almost escaped her body because she couldn't remember the last time she had actually laughed.

"I think I've found my forever friend from rehab trenches" Kelly said genuinely.

"What time is the sister circle can I bring my blanket since I'm still freezing "

"It's in a about five minutes you need some help putting yo shoes on and yeah you can bring yo jacket "

"No kelly why would you ask me that crazy girl"

"When I was having my withdrawals and it was time for me to put my shoes on ...my feet was shaking like a bat out of hell couldn't even put my socks on"

"Well I'm not shaking that bad but I'll be out there just give me a minute to freshen up"

15min later

Keisha looked around the circle spotting her an empty chair right next to kelly. And to think I was gonna get a break from this girl.

Keisha sat down in her seat looking happy as ever to be next to her when in reality she knew she was about to talk her to death.

An older black lady walked out in a white coat looking sophisticated but very stern just by looking at her you could tell she was not with the games.

"I would introduce her to you but I'm pretty sure she's going to introduce herself since she always does when she sees new faces in the circle"

Keisha shook her head in response to kelly "great long as she don't call on me"

Keisha stared at the lady in admiration of her presence but not by presence alone it was her confidence. Every time she took a step it looked purposeful as if she was meant to be the person she is today.

I don't know the day but I hope I'll make it there one day.

"A lot of new faces that I haven't seen in my ten years of working here, I'm happy to have all of you beautiful ladies here gathered together in this special circle. For those of you who don't know me I am Mrs:Brown but you can call me by my first name Arika and I'm thirty three "

"During this thirty day program we will be respectful to each other no matter the background, we will get to know one another with no exception and the goal is to leave here knowing you have a family"

"Alright let's get started we're gonna go by volunteers I would like for you guys to share your name, your age , your addiction and the reason why you are here"

A little girl stood up and just by looking at her face you could tell she was the youngest one out of all them.

"Hi everyone my name is Lori, I am eighteen years old I am addicted to molly and the reason I'm here today is just me wanting better for myself because the little girl in me deserve that"

"At the end of every share we always say Thankyou for sharing your story their name we are happy to welcome you to the sister circle"

"Thankyou Lori for sharing your story we are happy to welcome you to the sister circle " everybody said in union and then we went to the next person.

"Hello everyone my name is Kelly I am thirty six years old going on twenty one " a couple of laughs were heard around the room.

"I am addicted to every alcohol known to man kind and the reason I'm here today is to prove to myself that I can overcome one of the toughest battle of my life"

*claps * "Thankyou kelly for sharing your story we are happy to welcome you to the sister circle"

Never in a million years did I see myself speaking to a group of people after I got out of highschool. I took a deep breath before I started to speak.

"Hey-" I felt kelly rub my back to give me some reassurance " hey my name is Keisha I am thirsty seven, I am addicted to crack cocaine, Molly"

" any thing that takes me away from reality really and I'm here for my babies because they deserve a mother, but I'm also here for myself because she doesn't deserve this life when she's worth way more "

*claps* "Thankyou keisha for sharing your story we are happy to welcome you to the sister circle"

"God I'm not familiar with this journey you have me on but I pray that you give me strength in order to get through these thirty days"