Chapter 1

"Arohi!"

"Arohi!"

A girl in her late twenties who was sitting in front of the mirror turned her head to find her father entering her bedroom. When Dev Kumar saw his daughter already ready in a white Anarkali dress, he paused in his footsteps. A smile played on his lips at the beautiful sight of his daughter. His daughter resembled his late wife a lot and it brought tears to his eyes. 

"You look gorgeous, baby girl, "Dev said with a smile. If his wife was here to see how beautiful their daughter had grown up to be. 

Arohi tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and said with a smile, "Thank you, papa." 

"Hurry up. The Walia family will reach in a few minutes. Your Aunt Rekha called and informed us, "Dev said. "This is such a big day for you. I don't want anything bad happening today." 

Dev Kumar was excited as well as scared. The boy's family was coming to meet his family's daughter. How could he not be excited? 

"Papa, everything is fine, "Arohi sighed. 

Drishti, Arohi's best friend entered the room and looked at Uncle Dev fussing once again. "Uncle, Meethi Aunty is calling you. She wants to know if the snacks are enough."  

"I know what you are doing, "Dev said with a look. "I'm just overwhelmed. It was always my dream to see my only child married. Do you think it was easy to convince Arohi to say yes to meeting this boy? It was not. I'm scared she is going to back out again. What will I tell her mom when I meet her heaven—"

Arohi held her father's hand and smiled. "Papa, don't worry. I won't back out. I will meet Ayushman Walia today. If we think that we are compatible with each other. I don't mind marrying him." 

A smile formed on Dev's face and he left the room, satisfied. Drishti sighed and said, "Now I understand why you said yes to marriage. Arohi, it's not too late. You can always. You don't need to marry a random guy to find your happiness. I know you still love —"

"Stop right there, Drishti, "Maya, their other best friend, entered the room. "Arohi is moving on with her life. Do not remind her of the past. It has been seven years already." 

"You are saying this because you have never seen Abhimanyu and Arohi together, "Drishti snapped. "They had been together all their life. Seven years of the gap is not enough to break them. I can't understand why she doesn't try once. She and Abhimanyu are made for each other."

Arohi didn't speak between Maya and Drishti's argument. It was always the same. She stared at the mirror and a scene entered her mind. It was the time of the 12th standard farewell. When other children were happy that their boarding life had ended, she was crying and hugging a certain person. 

"Aru, stop crying, "He had said at that time. "We are going to college in the same city." 

Arohi hiccuped. "What if we don't find the time to meet frequently?" 

"We will make time for each other, "He had said and his hazel eyes had shone with sincerity. "Now smile, silly." 

Arohi nodded her head with tears streaming down her cheeks. 

"My Silly Aru, I don't want tears in your eyes. Keep smiling, " He said, kissing her hand. 

Arohi came out of the daze and smiled sadly at the mirror. She reminded herself that she and Abhimanyu are long over. It had been seven years already. A decade-long relationship ended seven years ago. 

"Ayushman's family is here, "Someone came to remind them. "Bring Arohi a few minutes later." 

"Shall we go?" Arohi said, taking charge. Since she had decided to take a step ahead in her life, she would not turn back to look at her past again. 

Maya nodded her head with a smile. 

Drishti stared at her with a sad look. 

______

A/N: Look how beautiful Arohi's dress is. I am trying to find all the pictures of the dresses I mentioned. This is my first time writing an Indian story, if I mess up go easy on me. I wish you are as excited as I'm for

 I wish you are as excited as I'm for