Chapter 2

The two best friends brought Arohi out of the room. The Walia family was already present in the living room when they reached. Mrs Anu Walia gushed with happiness when she saw how beautiful Arohi was in person. The girl was even better looking in person. It was not her beauty that enchanted the older last in the first place, it was the girl's kind aura. 

"Mr Dev, your daughter is a hundred times more beautiful in person, "Anu Walia said with a smile. 

"My Arohi has always been a beautiful person, "Dev smiled. Arohi was his pride. It was natural that he was very protective of her. But he had a different place for people in his heart who liked his daughter. 

Anu made Arohi sit next to her son Ayushman while the Walia family began making talks with the Kumar family. The Kumar family was not big. Dev's wife had passed away a long time ago. He single-handedly raised Arohi and he never desired to marry again. 

Arohi raised her gaze to look at Ayushman and as their gazes met, her heart stilled. Those familiar hazel eyes … It was as if she was looking at someone else. 

No. No. Don't think about him. You are moving on. You have moved on. 

"Mr Dev, why don't we let children talk in privacy?" Mr Arun Walia said. She could see her son wanting to talk to Arohi in privacy.  

"Why not, "Dev agreed. "Drishti, Maya, take Ayushman and Arohi to the garden area." 

Currently, Ayushman and Arohi were alone in the garden, strolling. 

"Congratulations on the success of your new book, "Ayushman said, starting the conversation. 

Arohi nodded her head and took the compliment humbly. 

Ayushman looked at the beauty surrounding the house and sighed. "Now I understand why your books have such a beautiful world setting. You live in heaven." 

"Have you read any of my books?" Arohi questioned him. 

"We are in the same industry. When a writer is bagging best-selling awards year after year. It becomes necessary to find out what hype is all about. I can say the hype was real. You are a gifted writer, "Ayushman said with a smile. "What do you think about joining my publishing company?" 

Arohi ended up chuckling. "Mr Walia, here I thought we were getting married. How come you are still thinking of poaching me for your company? And Maya will kill us both if this happens." 

Maya was not just her best friend but her agent too. 

"We had a talk before this meeting, "Ayushman talked about the conversation they had on the phone last night. "We both are career driven. Love has no place in our lives. Our parents expect us to marry. We are compatible. Our goals are similar. Our match is a fit one." 

"You agree?" Arohi asked. She thought initially that he would not agree with her conditions. However, when she heard his story, she knew that he was the right man for her. 

"I thought I gave you my answer last night, "Ayushman answered. 

When they left the garden area, they went straight to their parents and told them about their decision. Their parents were overjoyed with their decision. Sweets were distributed and hugs were shared at the joyous news. 

Arohi smiled when Ayushman's car drove away and a drop of water fell on her face. She looked up to see the rain pouring at a very unexpected time. 

"Arohi! Come inside child. Don't get wet in the rain, "Dev yelled from inside. "You will get sick." 

Arohi closed her eyes and let the rain fall on her face. Once upon a time, she loved rain so much that it was impossible for anyone to drag her inside. But now the same rain was hurtful. 

However, one last time, she wanted to feel it on her skin. It didn't matter if she had to be down with a fever for a week after that. 

After seven years, her numbed soul was feeling something. It was not love or happiness but guilt and sadness. Why was she guilty of moving on with her life? Why did it feel as if she needed to wait for more? Were seven years not enough? 

_____

A/N: Have you ever loved someone so much that it is difficult to breathe without him/her? Arohi has one such love. Moving on is hard for her. But she is trying.