Chapter 10

These were the five words that Ayushman had said before he stood up and ran out of the door like a mad man. She didn't stop him. She didn't know how to and why she should stop him? They had shared their past with each other. The reason why they agreed to marry each other without love was because both of them were burned by love once.

If her assumption was right, Pia didn't cheat on Ayushman, she lied to break up with him because she knew she was dying. As cliche as it may sound, such people are present in the world. She was a writer and she knew and wrote about such people. Oh Lord, she had just become a cliche on her own.

Arohi wanted to laugh but only tears came down her face as she realised that like the characters of her books, she had become a cliche too.

She was left by a man on the altar. Wasn't it the beginning of those cliche books? Was it the beginning of the life that she didn't even dare to think about?

The Walia family was trying to get hold of Ayushman who was running to meet his first love one last time. They wanted to stop him. But who could stop the mad man in love? He would stop at nothing today. He would not stop even if the reputation of his family and heart of a woman was at stake. Long story short: he should not stop today.

When all of this was happening Dev was standing there silent in the commotion, completely silent. Arohi offered a smile to her father but she knew that it must have appeared ugly as her father collapsed on the floor. Her legs had given up on her and she didn't have it in her to walk ahead and hold her falling father and tell him that everything was going to be okay. Was it going to be okay? She didn't even know the answer to this question herself. How would she tell this to her father then?

Dhrishti and Maya held Dev and began offering him water and courage. The relatives crowded him but Arohi was standing there all alone. Nobody bothered to come to her. Maybe, it was for the good as she didn't think she could take the borrowed courage and happiness anymore.

A time came when her legs gave up on her but before she could fall on her knees, someone held her from behind and gave her an assuring smile.

"Everything is going to be fine, "Abhimanyu said, holding her shoulder. "You are going to be foine. I'm going to break the motherfucker's face. I will bring him back for you. I promise—"

Arohi weakly smiled and shook her head. "He is not going to be same. His world is upside down in a single moment. He is never going to be same. He needs you."

"What are you saying?" Abhimanyu asked her and she told him the story. He looked at her with guilt. "I'm sorry, Arohi. I can't secure your happiness."

Arohi gave him a weak smile. "It was not your responsibility, Abhi. My happiness was never your responsibility."

Abhimanyu didn't say anything because he didn't know what to say at this time.

"Abhi, have you ever felt like you did everything right and it still all went wrong?" Arohi whispered.

"Aru, don't give up, " Abhimanyu said. "This is not the end of life. You will stand up again. You are going to be fine. You are going to meet the strongest version of yourself. Don't lose faith in yourself. Please."

Arohi stared at her with glossy eyes.

He helped her to walk to the waiting room and made her sit on the couch and offered her some water. He left when her family came to see her if she was doing fine and he went out to find his family. He had to do something before he hurt this woman again.

She said it was not his responsibility to secure her happiness. But why did he have a feeling that he would fight with the entire world just to have that bright smile on her face back?
______
A|N: Happy Diwali to all of you. May this festival of lights fill your life and hearts with lights, laughter and immense happiness. ♥️♥️